OverviewAlberta Health Services Maintenance Worker IV Temporary in Fort McMurray, AB
Alberta Health Services
Branch Fort McMurray AB CA
Maintenance Worker IV
Fort McMurray, AB
Under minimal supervision, this position provides coordination, supervision and direction of the Maintenance Department while performing a variety of highly
Under minimal supervision, this position provides coordination, supervision and direction of the Maintenance Department while performing a variety of highly skilled and complex maintenance and repair duties requiring the use of schematics, drawings, and specification. The Maintenance Worker IV uses considerable initiative and judgment in determining work methods, in accordance with accepted standards, regulations and procedures.
Responsibilities are as follows:
– Ensures implementation and completion of a preventive maintenance program for all plant equipment and additional facility equipment.
– Assigns and completes work orders as per procedure including inter-department reporting.
– Analyzes, operates, performs specialized repairs and logs all of the plant equipment including: Boilers, Generators, HVAC, Medical gas systems, Domestic hot water systems and Building alarm systems.
– Conducts, instructs and ensures compliance with water treatment program.
– Conducts extensive troubleshooting and problem solving of plant and facility equipment.
– Prioritize and coordinate department activities.
– Ensure communication with facility departments and clients.
– Participates in committee meetings including Department Head and Occupation Health and Safety Committee.
– Provide required scheduling of maintenance staff including on-call rotation.
– Provide department administrative duties including but not limited to payroll, supplies, parts, equipment and materials inventory and purchasing.
– Acquire and coordinate external service agencies related to facility operations.
– Ensures licensing of regulated equipment and compliance with all codes, regulations and Aspen Regional Health policies and procedures.
– Complete monthly department reports.
– Assigns, completes and communicates work orders submitted by other departments.
– Ensures inventory control and requisition of parts.
– Performs minor plumbing repairs and maintenance.
– Inspects new non-biomedical and resident/patient equipment.
– Performs skilled renovation, structural, and construction repairs, as well as specialized machine repairs.
– Orients and trains new employees and other maintenance staff.
– Ensures safety and cleanliness of work area.
This position will be based at or out of the NLRHC and will include other AHS buildings in Fort McMurray.
In addition to a competitive rate of pay, AHS currently has a Fort McMurray Allowance in place to an annual maximum of $12,480. This allowance is non-pensionable and is payable on an hourly basis for all hours paid at the basic rate of pay.
– Grade 12 or equivalent required.
– Minimum 5th Class ABSA Certification is required.
– Valid Class 5 Alberta Driver’s License required (required to provide a satisfactory drivers abstract to operate AHS vehicles and/or equipment).
– Trade certification (plumbing, electrical, instrumentation, construction) desired.
– Two years experience in lead hand supervision required.
– Two years experience in leading teams.
– Two experience with mentoring and coaching staff.
– Five years experience in plant operations and maintenance required.
– Five years experience in building automation systems required.
– Five years experience in a health center setting desired.
– Strong commitment to client satisfaction and ability to promote teamwork and partnerships.
– Ability to prioritize, direct and supervise department staff.
– Ability to effectively use computer programs.
– Ability to read and interpret drawings, schematics and wiring diagrams (e.g. architectural, mechanical, electrical, controls, structural, civil drawings).
– Knowledge and ability to operate & troubleshoot building automation systems, H.V.A.C. systems, boilers, chiller, refrigeration equipment and other plant equipment.
– Knowledge in water treatment and plumbing installation/repair.
– Ability to work under pressure and effectively troubleshoot and solve operational problems.
– Demonstration of effective organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
– Demonstrated ability to work well with others and independently.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Fort McMurray, AB, CA
Posted on: 2016-11-01