OverviewAlberta Health Services Maintenance Worker III Temporary in High Level, AB
Alberta Health Services
Branch High Level AB CA
Maintenance Worker III
High Level, AB
Trade certification (plumbing, electrical, instrumentation) is desired. Under general supervision, this position performs a variety of skilled mechanical…
Under general supervision, this position performs a variety of skilled mechanical maintenance and repair duties on various types of equipment, buildings, and grounds in consultation with the Department Supervisor in accordance with accepted standards, regulations and procedures.
The Maintenance Worker III has frequent physical demands which include extensive standing, walking, bending and lifting of heavy equipment and supplies.
In addition to a competitive rate of pay, AHS currently has a Northern Allowance in place to an annual maximum of $6,300. This allowance is non-pensionable and is payable on an hourly basis for all hours paid at the basic rate of pay.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret blueprints schematics and wiring diagrams.
- Knowledge and ability to operate building automation systems, H.V.A.C. systems, boilers, chiller, refrigeration equipment, and other plant equipment is desired.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of plumbing installation and repair.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others and independently.
- Understands the importance of confidentiality.
- Grade 12 education is required and 5th class power engineering certificate or equivalent or ability to acquire within 12 months.
- Trade certification (plumbing, electrical, instrumentation) is desired.
- Mechanical aptitude and one year of experience in plant operations and maintenance is required.
- One year of experience in building automation systems and one year of Health Care facility experience is desired.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: High Level, AB, CA
Posted on: 2017-04-02