OverviewAlberta Health Services Maintenance Worker III Full Time in Cardston, AB
Alberta Health Services
Branch Cardston AB CA
Maintenance Worker III
Trades experience or designation an asset. Ability to coordinate with South West Zone Trades pool. This position may perform a variety of highly skilled and…
Perform documented preventative maintenance procedures on assigned area equipment.
Respond to requests for demand maintenance as required.
Day to day operations of the facility central plant and related building systems
Assigned areas consist of, but are not limited to MDR, Nutrition Services and Laundry.
Experience with Building Management Systems (BMS)
Ability to train other maintenance workers.
Ability to interface and coordinate work done through contracted services.
Ability to coordinate with South West Zone Trades pool.
Must be able to communicate clearly, both verbally and written
Must possess good computer skills and familiarity with computer maintenance management systems (CMMS)
This position may perform a variety of highly skilled and complex carpentry and mechanical duties. The Maintenance Worker III may be assigned one of the following roles:
– Mechanical duties including checking testing, installing, repairing and maintaining complex mechanical equipment, boilers and systems, or carpentry duties including renovation, carpentry and structural work.
– Physically demanding position.
– Encounters a full spectrum of environmental conditions, including contact with hazardous materials (i.e. adhesives).
Work involves outside work in all weather conditions, as well as work involving lighting and other machinery considered hazardous/dangerous.
– Ability to bend, squat, walk, lift heavy loads, and reach above head throughout shift.
– Good vision, color differentiation and hearing.
– Excellent hand/eye coordination to safely handle equipment and tools.
– Working in conditions where heat and crowding may exist.
– Complies with Long Term Care (LTC) standards where applicable (training available).
– 5th Class Engineering Certificate of Competency required.
– Valid Alberta Driver’s License required.
– Grade 12 graduate or Canadian equivalent preferred
– Experience in a Healthcare environment preferred
– Trades experience or designation an asset
* All applicants will be required to live within the area or be willing to relocate *
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Cardston, AB, CA
Posted on: 2016-09-08