OverviewAlberta Health Services Licensed Practical Nurse Temporary in Lethbridge, AB
Alberta Health Services
Branch Lethbridge AB CA
Licensed Practical Nurse
Basic Cardiac Life Support- Healthcare Provider (BCLS-HCP) required. 4B is a busy, 32-bed adult medical inpatient unit….
4B is a busy, 32-bed adult medical inpatient unit. 4B specializes in providing care to patients with oncology and cardiac related diagnoses in addition to caring for a variety of medical diagnoses. Nursing care is provided through a collaborative/partnership model. The unit is divided into sections with 8 patients per section.
– Registration with the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Alberta (CLPNA).
– Successful completion of an approved Practical Nursing educational program (diploma or certificate in practical nursing).
– Basic Cardiac Life Support- Healthcare Provider (BCLS-HCP) required.
– Current certification for IV management and BGM.
– Recent acute medical nursing experience with strong knowledge base.
– Preference will be given to candidates with one or more years of nursing experience on 4B.
– Successful candidate will be expected to work at full scope of practice.
– Recent experience working with acute cardiac, diabetic, and oncology patients.
– Must have demonstrated organizational and prioritization skills.
– Works well as a team member.
– Flexible in adapting to changes in workload and assignment as required.
– Effective written and verbal communication skills.
– Experience with Meditech and Medworxx.
Preference will be given to candidates with:
– Recent experience on 4B (or 4C).
– Medworxx experience.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Lethbridge, AB, CA
Posted on: 2015-09-24