OverviewAlberta Health Services Knowledge Management Specialist Temporary in Calgary, AB
Alberta Health Services
Branch Calgary AB CA
Knowledge Management Specialist
Develop strong relationships with the Provincial Tumour Teams by providing knowledge management support….
The Guideline Resource Unit (GURU) is a provincial program that supports CancerControl Alberta’s interdisciplinary tumour teams in the application of rigorous methods for knowledge surveillance, evaluation, selection, interpretation, reporting, and translation. Reporting to the Manager of GURU, the Knowledge Management Specialist is responsible for supporting the development of provincial standards of cancer care. This includes writing guidelines, supporting the writing and implementation of clinical care pathways, assisting with the evaluation of clinical practice patterns using clinical data, and promoting knowledge management within the provincial tumour teams.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Guideline Development (65%):
– Perform systematic literature reviews, construct evidence tables, and oversee the development and updating of high-quality, evidence-based provincial clinical practice guidelines, standards, clinical algorithms such as care pathways, and implementation tools.
– Arrange and attend meetings with key collaborators and stakeholders.
– Assist in the establishment of an annual work plan for each Provincial Tumour Team.
Knowledge Translation and Data Management (35%):
– Develop strong relationships with the Provincial Tumour Teams by providing knowledge management support.
– Support GURU as it develops partnerships with similar guidelines programs across Canada, and leads research projects related to clinical practice guidelines.
– Contribute to quality improvement (QI) projects to identify trends, outcomes, gaps and draw conclusions about guideline uptake and adherence. This include collecting data and contributing to the analyses and interpretation of the data.
All Management and Out Of Scope positions are being reviewed for possible inclusion in the AUPE General Support Services bargaining unit. If this position is impacted, the incumbent will be notified accordingly.
– Master’s degree in a health-related field such as clinical epidemiology, public health, psychology, or sociology is preferred.
– Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 3 years relevant work experience in epidemiology, health research methodology or knowledge management, or equivalent training/experience may also be considered.
– In addition, the successful candidate will have 3-5 years experience working within a healthcare organization.
– Experience in researching for, retrieving and critically appraising published and unpublished medical and evaluation literature is required.
– Excellent writing, communication, presentation, organizational and diplomacy skills required.
– Outstanding collaborative and interpersonal skills.
– Understanding of Knowledge Management and Knowledge Transfer principles required.
– Experience with oncology, primary care, supportive care and health promotion literature an asset.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Posted on: 2016-05-19