OverviewAlberta Health Services IT Customer Support II – Telehealth Specialist Full Time in Red Deer, AB
Alberta Health Services
Branch Red Deer AB CA
IT Customer Support II – Telehealth Specialist
Red Deer, AB
The IT Customer support II – Telehealth Specialist provides technical support and training to end users that are utilizing Telehealth equipment….
The IT Customer support II – Telehealth Specialist provides technical support and training to end users that are utilizing Telehealth equipment. They provide guidance on how to use the equipment as well as monitoring session to ensure they are successful.
This position is responsible for managing relationships with the business, vendors, the maintenance and troubleshooting of equipment including but not limited to Video conferencing systems. Working closely with other Telehealth teams and vendors to ensure the proper installation and operations of the equipment. The position may be required to translate business requirements into technical requirements for a solution and recommendations of a potential approach to the vendor.
Responds to escalated technical issues:
– Respond to escalated customer requests for assistance.
– Assess client problem; investigates to determine the cause of the issue. Troubleshooting may involve assessing technical problems or operational issues.
– Identify a solution where there is not existing precedent or documentation and takes corrective action to reach a resolution.
– May assist with updating policy, procedures or guidelines.
– Create and update customer support tickets.
– Revise manuals and department process documents.
– Create and maintain technical support and training documents.
– Provide input into department processes, guidelines and procedures.
– Develop and foster relationships with business units.
– Run predefined report queries and review for quality assurance.
– Identify areas for potential efficiency improvements.
– May provide advice or instruction to junior staff.
– Other duties as assigned.
– Bachelors Degree in Business, Health Systems, IT or equivalent.
– 2-5 years of work-related experience in a large and complex IT environment.
– Specialization in one of the following: Information Systems, Multimedia, Audio Visual, Telehealth or other related technologies.
– Experience working with Audio and video conference technology, Demonstrate experience with Video Conferencing equipment, knowledge of best practices.
– Proficiency in MS Office suite, including MS Project and Visio.
– Knowledge and or experience with Project Management is an asset.
– Excellent interpersonal skills; oral and report writing skills.
– Ability to interface with all levels of individuals including senior executives.
– Exceptional negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
– Exceptional problem solving skills, critical thinking, and root cause identification skills.
– Ability to work with multiple priorities and projects under tight timelines.
– Experience in a health services or public sector environment is an asset.
– Understanding of the alignment between business requirements and patient care services as well as the impacts internally and externally.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Red Deer, AB, CA
Posted on: 2016-11-01