OverviewAlberta Health Services IT Analyst II – VMWare Support Full Time in Calgary, AB
Alberta Health Services
Branch Calgary AB CA
IT Analyst II – VMWare Support
Enterprise experience supporting Microsoft Windows Server. Excellent troubleshooting skills in Microsoft and VMWare….
Alberta Health Services (AHS) is the largest health-care provider in Canada, responsible for the delivery of health care to more than 3.9 million Albertans. Working at AHS is about making a difference. The Information Technology team touches almost every aspect of AHS providing the technical expertise and support for computers, computerization, electronic communications, software, security and information systems to improve the patient care processes and the operation and management of the organization.
Join our team. Come for a job and stay for a career.
If you are an enthusiastic IT professional with an interest in making a difference in an evolving Information Technology department, this is the role for you. Every day, you’ll make a meaningful contribution in someone’s life by implementing a technology framework that will connect patients and health providers like never before.
As a valued member of the Virtualization Operations team, you will deliver quality service in a fast-paced and high-energy environment. You will use your conceptual and practical experience to interpret clients’ needs, assess their requirements, investigate, diagnose, and resolve environment problems, which are essential to business functions.
– Act as escalation point for incident and problem management
– Plan and coordinate with cross functional teams (technical, systems, business, vendors, etc) to assess problem scope, impact, and characteristics
– Make appropriate decisions and recommendations on resolution or interim work around
– Monitor systems to ensure stable operations and optimum performance of environments are proactively maintained or quick reaction to crisis situations
– Build, configure and decommission server hardware including rack mount, and blade enclosures according to defined procedures and best practices
– Follow all protocols and standard operating procedures ensuring all solutions are thoroughly tested in order to assure the stability of production environments
– Review thoroughly the changes logically to reduce impact to customers, where unable to test
– Research, propose and participate in key process improvements for all Citrix, VMWare and other Virtualization environments throughout the organization
– Create and update standard operating procedures and run books as required
– Participate in 24/7 on-call rotation and major incident call-outs, as required
– Understand, develop and document design requirements and considerations
– Travel to various locations in Alberta to provide operational support as required
Please note: The location of the position is negotiable.
– Post-secondary degree or diploma in Information Technology or related discipline
– 4+ years of Windows server related experience
– 3+ years of experience with Virtualization technologies such as Microsoft and VMWare
– Excellent troubleshooting skills in Microsoft and VMWare
– Good understanding of Powershell and scripts creation
– Experience installing, configuring, optimizing and maintaining enterprise VMWare vSphere environments
– Expand conceptual knowledge in own discipline and broadens skills
– Good written and oral communication skills.
– Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in remote teams.
– Good time management skills
– Highly self motivated and directed.
– Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
– Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast moving environment
– Current VMWare current certifications
– Demonstrated ability to develop and lead small to medium sized infrastructure improvement projects
– Alberta driver’s licence with ability to travel within Alberta
– Ability to work in a 24/7 on-call rotation
– Microsoft certifications in other related technology
– Enterprise experience supporting Microsoft Windows Server
– Enterprise experience supporting and optimizing VDI technologies
– Experience with HP rack mount server hardware and Blade enclosures
– ITIL certification
– Understand the key industry issues; use this knowledge in own work
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Posted on: 2015-07-31