OverviewAlberta Health Services IT Analyst II – PDS Technical Analyst Temporary in Calgary, AB
Alberta Health Services
Branch Calgary AB CA
IT Analyst II – PDS Technical Analyst
Familiarity with remote control tools such as Landesk, remote desktop, etc is an asset. Experience with server operating systems including Windows Server 2003,…
The Provincial Diagnostic System (PDS) team supports healthcare applications providing service for the Laboratory and Diagnostic Imaging business areas.
The PDS Technical Analyst provides technical support either directly to users of the systems or to service delivery functions. The position ensures reliable operations of information systems, resolves complex technical problems, and finds solutions to customer needs.
The PDS Technical analyst investigates diagnoses and resolves complex application problems that have typically been escalated several levels before assignment to this position. This position is responsible for managing relationships with software vendors to coordinate problem resolution.
The position translates business requirements into technical requirements for a solution and recommends a potential approach to the vendor. Once the vendor has proposed a solution, this position will analyze the solution provided to ensure that it fits both technical requirements and business needs. The position also spends a time on project leadership and delivery; this work is often related to implementing changes, updates, or new releases to existing applications, implementing a new application or launching an existing application in a new area.
The work environment is exciting and dynamic and success is dependent on managing multiple priorities, flexibility in responding to requirements and commitment to following change management processes and principles.
Some of the applications you will be supporting include: Dragon Transcription, EMC and LMTS (Lab Standardization tools), iStat-pWeb, and Roche Middleware. You will also provide technical support/guidance with regards to Meditech LIS Technical issues and act as liaison between vendor and other areas of IT where required (e.g. Lab instrument connectivity, print servers, firewall config, etc).
– A Diploma in Information Technology, Information Sciences, or related discipline, or a mix of education and relevant experience is required.
– 3 or more years of related experience.
– Experience with server operating systems including Windows Server 2003, 2008, and 2012, Red Hat Linux, and Unix preferred.
– Familiarity with remote control tools such as Landesk, remote desktop, etc is an asset.
– Java programming experience is required.
– Programming experience in other languages is an asset.
– Knowledge of Oracle and other RDBMS is an asset.
– Knowledge of the following technologies are an asset: Glassfish, Maven, and Apache.
– Knowledge of software development life cycle is an asset.
– Excellent problem solving skills.
– Excellent customer relations and support skills.
– Ability to understand terminology and converse with/bridge gap between applications and other areas of IT.
– Good presentation and technical writing skills.
– Experience with Healthcare Information systems is an asset.
– ITIL foundation certificate is an asset.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Posted on: 2015-09-23