OverviewAlberta Health Services IT Analyst II Full Time in Camrose, AB
Alberta Health Services
Branch Camrose AB CA
IT Analyst II
Advanced SQL programming skills and able to work in UNIX and Windows. The position follows hybrid iterative/agile development and project management methodology…
The ETL/DI (Extract, Transform, & Load and Data Integration) Developer is responsible for developing ETL and data integration processes such as defining source and target and creating mappings, sessions, and work-flows for operations and projects. The role is responsible for acquiring and integrating multiple disparate data sources using data integration and modeling tools to design, model, estimate, plan, map, connect, integrate and cleanse data for data analysis and BI development. The incumbent ensures continuous improvement, enhancement, and support of the data warehouse environment and assists with the BI environment. The position follows hybrid iterative/agile development and project management methodology, applies change management, writes technical documentation, and works closely with team developers and analysts, subject matter experts, and IT colleagues with an information outcomes focus.
This job location is negotiable between Edmonton CN Tower, Calgary Quarry Park and Calgary Holy Cross Site.
We are looking for a self-motivated, focused and well-organized individual wanting to be part of an information-as-an-asset BI program who aspires to progress their data warehousing and business intelligence skills in a broad variety of initiatives aimed at informational value.
- 3 to 5 years applying progressive knowledge and experience in data warehousing and business intelligence
- Bachelor’s degree in management information systems, computer science or related area
- Will consider technical diploma with equivalent years of experience to a university degree and direct data warehousing experience
- Proficient with multiple data integration tools and methodologies with related competencies in metadata management and data quality
- Advanced SQL programming skills and able to work in UNIX and Windows
- Proficient data and information architecture skills including relational and dimensional data modeling
- Experience mapping and connecting multiple high volume disparate data sources across mixed environments and platforms into common data structures
- Prefer Informatica PowerCenter expertise and ITIL Foundations Certification.
- Able to deconstruct multiple complex data structures and processes and innovate data solutions using hybrid iterative/agile development methods
- Experience performing system and data analysis
- Experience understanding business requirements and translating into technical implementations
- Well understood oral and written communication skills with proven ability to estimate, plan, and interact in a team environment; able to write technical documentation and diagram work-flows.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Camrose, AB, CA
Posted on: 2015-09-24