OverviewAlberta Health Services Instructor EDM Full Time in Edmonton, AB
Alberta Health Services
Branch Edmonton AB CA
Mc Master Education Level I, II/III preferred. Ability to evaluate clinical performance, assess staff clinical needs and plan appropriate education strategies….
The Instructor – Case Management provides leadership in clinical practice and client care. The incumbent enhances client care outcomes and staff professional development through expert clinical practice, administration, consultation, research, and education. The Instructor functions as a leader, innovator, and change agent in the pursuit of excellence in client care.
– Supports staff and encourages best practice related to case management.
– Participates in Client Reviews and encourages a person-centered focus and outcomes.
– Supports the use of RAI as a clinical assessment tool through the provision of RAI reviews and one on one coaching and mentorship.
– Assists with change management and system transformation initiatives.
– Supports the integration of Meditech and Omaha principles into case management.
– Facilitates training and workshops.
– Assists with linking and building community partnerships.
– Supports Case Managers in complex client situations/system navigation.
– Attends client’s home visits and case conferences with Case Manager, as required.
– Provides leadership and expertise in all clinical activities.
– Chairs clinical staff meetings and committee meetings as required.
– Maintains competence in advanced clinical practice relevant to Supportive Living and acts as a consultant to staff/management regarding clinical issues.
– Supports staff in obtaining and maintaining clinical competency required within the program.
– Collaborates with Contracted Service Providers on provision of safe client care.
– Influences and supports a culture of professional growth.
– Assesses education needs of staff, identifies appropriate learning needs and develops training materials as required.
– Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing is preferred, however, skills and experience relevant to nursing practice in community sector will be considered.
– Master’s Degree in health related field is preferred.
– Active registration and practice permit with the College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CARNA).
– Basic Cardiac Life Support- Healthcare Provider (BCLS-HCP) is required.
– Ability to evaluate clinical performance, assess staff clinical needs and plan appropriate education strategies.
– Case management experience within Supportive Living (2 years is preferred).
– Mc Master Education Level I, II/III preferred.
– Current Meditech/RAI experience required
– Recent Case Management experience required.
– Participation in research activities is an asset.
– Management experience is an asset.
– Project management is an asset.
– Demonstrated leadership and facilitation skills.
– Strong collaborative and interpersonal skills as well as excellence in written and verbal communication.
– Coaches others and promotes teamwork and partnerships to attain optimal client outcomes.
– Recognized for clinical expertise in Supportive Living Program areas.
– Demonstrates creativity, flexibility, and initiative.
– Displays highly developed organizational skills, critical thinking skills and problem-solving ability.
The successful candidate will work in different settings and environments (home environments and weather conditions), as well as be able to lift and carry supply bags, which weigh approximately 25-30 lbs.
This position requires a vehicle for business use. Possession of a valid driver’s license and access to a motor vehicle in good repair for work-related travel is required.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Edmonton, AB, CA
Posted on: 2016-10-11