OverviewAlberta Health Services Home Support Aide (Ed Allow) Part Time in Peace River, AB
Alberta Health Services
Branch Peace River AB CA
Home Support Aide (Ed Allow)
Peace River, AB
Proof of business insurance. Within the Home Care Interdisciplinary Team, the Personal Care Aide is responsible for providing personal care and assisting with…
Within the Home Care Interdisciplinary Team, the Personal Care Aide is responsible for providing personal care and assisting with activities of daily living within the client’s authorized plan of care. Clients and their families are assisted to maximize their optimum level of independence.
– Provides personal care and assists with activities of daily living as outlined in the care plan, including but not limited to personal hygiene, dressing, feeding, grooming, transferring, mobilizing, and performing nail care.
– Provides emotional support by being a good listener, being supportive, being friendly and sincere, and interacting in a positive and optimistic manner.
– Provides respite care to relieve family caregivers including but not limited to companionship, recreational activities, and supervision.
– Performs health care duties as authorized on the client’s plan of care including simple dressings, medication assistance, catheter care, ostomy care, and exercises for range of movement and strengthening.
Records and reports the following information while maintaining confidentiality:
– Changes in clients’ physical, social and emotional health that may affect the plan of care.
– Accurately completes and submits records and reports within required time-lines.
Contributes to the team by:
– Participating in client conferences at interdisciplinary team meetings.
– Participating in continued quality improvement initiatives.
– Demonstrating positive working relationships.
– Communicating effectively both verbally and in writing.
– Supporting Home Care’s mission and goals.
Contributes to a safe working environment by:
– Ensuring client safety.
– Utilizing proper safety precautions in the provision of client care.
– Being familiar with and adhering to regional safety policies and procedures.
– Participating in mandatory and other in-services.
– Being familiar with the roles and responsibilities of a Personal Care Aide.
Performs other related duties as assigned, including but not limited to:
– Providing household management.
– Maintaining and cleaning equipment and supplies according to established procedures.
– Assisting with office record keeping.
In addition to a competitive rate of pay, AHS currently has a Remote Retention Allowance in place to an annual maximum of $3,000. This allowance is non-pensionable and is payable on an hourly basis for all hours paid at the basic rate of pay.
Education and Experience:
– Grade 10 or equivalent.
– Personal Support Aide (PSA) certificate or equivalent preferred.
– Successful completion of BCLS-HCP level C.
– Successful completion of other training programs as specified by the Region.
– Previous Personal Care Aide experience an asset.
– Related experience working with elderly or physically challenged individuals an asset.
– Ability to maintain confidentiality.
– Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
– Ability to understand and follow established policies and procedures.
– Ability to relate to clients and families in a caring manner with respect and dignity.
– Ability to safely accomplish the physical and emotional demands of the provision of client care.
– Ability to communicate effectively with a minimum of supervision.
– Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
– Acceptable driver’s abstract.
– Proof of business insurance.
– Evidence of strong commitment to meeting the needs of clients and families.
– Evidence of patience, tact, sound judgment and compassion.
– Evidence of commitment to personal growth.
– Evidence of maturity, reliability, responsibility and use of sound judgment.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Peace River, AB, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-18