OverviewAlberta Health Services Hlth Info Mngt Professional I Full Time in Lacombe, AB
Alberta Health Services
Branch Lacombe AB CA
Hlth Info Mngt Professional I
Must possess strong computer skills in various software programs such as Adobe, Excel and word processing programs….
Under the general supervision of the Health Information Management Supervisor for Central Zone-South or designate, the incumbent:
– Is responsible for coding and abstracting clinical and demographic data accurately and efficiently from inpatient and ambulatory care records using ICD-10-CA and CCI coding systems.
– Must be familiar with the Health Information Act (HIA) of Alberta and will complete access and disclosure requests based on this legislation.
– Will perform duties associated with record management, registration break relief, and other duties as assigned.
– Will maintain confidentiality of all AHS information in accordance with HIA, FOIP, and other privacy legislation in effect and will comply at all times with AHS Information Privacy and Information Security policies.
– Must maintain credentials with the Canadian College of Health Information Management and be an active member of the Canadian Health Information Management Association.
– Direct experience with health record information systems and processes, including the Meditech Abstracting System, Folio and 3M encoder are required.
– Must maintain a high standard of quality while giving attention to speed so submission deadlines are met.
– Must be able to give full attention to detail, recognize the importance of validity, integrity and reliability of coded data.
– Will be required to code for other sites as part of the remote coding program.
– Quality analysis and knowledge of health records information systems and processes is required.
– Knowledge of access and disclosure rules in keeping with the Health Information Act of Alberta and the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act of Alberta is required.
– Must possess exceptional interpersonal skills and be able to read, write, speak and communicate effectively using the English language.
– Previous registration, switchboard and basic accounting knowledge are preferred.
– Must possess exceptional interpersonal skills and be able to read, write, speak, and communicate effectively using the English language.
– Must have the ability to maintain poise under pressure, prioritize, and organize workload in a fast paced environment.
– Must possess strong computer skills in various software programs such as Adobe, Excel and word processing programs.
– An excellent attendance record, reliability and personal suitability must be demonstrated through your employment references.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Lacombe, AB, CA
Posted on: 2016-09-20