OverviewAlberta Health Services Hlth Info Mngt Professional I Full Time in Grande Prairie, AB
Alberta Health Services
Branch Grande Prairie AB CA
Hlth Info Mngt Professional I
Grande Prairie, AB
Graduate from an accredited program for Health Record Professionals. Active Certification with the Canadian Health Information Management Association (CHIMA)….
Under the supervision of the Supervisor, Health Information Management, Data Collection – North, the HIM I utilizes ICD-10-CA/CCI Classification to code and abstract DAD and NACRS records in accordance with North Zone, Provincial and CIHI coding standards. The HIM I submits abstracted data to MACAR (Alberta Health). Ensures a complete, accurate and accessible record is maintained, safeguarded and available to approved users on all patients receiving health services.
Preference will be given to those candidates willing to work on site in Grande Prairie.
In addition to a competitive rate of pay, AHS currently has a Remote Retention Allowance in place to an annual maximum of $3,000. This allowance is non-pensionable and is payable on an hourly basis for all hours paid at the basic rate of pay.
– Active Member of the Alberta Health Information Management Association of Alberta (HIMAA).
– Active Certification with the Canadian Health Information Management Association (CHIMA).
– Graduate from an accredited program for Health Record Professionals.
– Preferred previous experience with ICD10CA/CCI Coding and CIHI Abstracting.
– Familiarity with Provincial Acts including but not limited to the Hospital Act, Health Information Act, Freedom of Information Act.
– Previous experience in a Health Records Department.
– Previous experience with electronic health records an asset.
– Set priorities, organize and control work within established schedules.
– Work independently.
– Follow oral and written instructions.
– Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
– Function as a team member in a dynamic work environment.
– Operate a computer terminal and type 40 net wpm.
– Explain procedures, obtain and document accurate information.
– Train new staff as required.
– Manage stressful situations in a calm and assertive manner.
– Superior communication/customer services skills.
– Evidence of good judgment in the applications of procedures
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Grande Prairie, AB, CA
Posted on: 2016-09-08