OverviewAlberta Health Services Food Service I Temporary in St. Albert, AB
Alberta Health Services
Branch St. Albert AB CA
Food Service I
St. Albert, AB
A Food Service I works within a hospital setting, such as Patient Food Service or Retail Food Service. Food Service I staff are responsible for assisting with…
Food Service I staff are responsible for assisting with the preparation and service of food and menu items that contribute to the nutritional well-being, health and enjoyment of our patients, customers, and staff. A Food Service I works within a hospital setting, such as Patient Food Service or Retail Food Service.
The Food Service 1 role:
– hot and cold food preparation
– meal tray assembly
– tray delivery to and from patient rooms
– portioning, customer service
– stocking of food and supplies to nourishment centres
– sanitation and cleaning activities such a ware washing
All processes are to be in accordance with established procedures, standards and food safety guidelines. The shift time is presently 1645 pm-1945 pm, and scheduled every 2nd weekend. Must work statutory holidays as they land on the schedule rotation.
Must be available to work either Christmas Day plus Boxing Day OR New Years Day
– Minimum completion of Grade 10 is required.
– Two years of work-related experience in a food service or restaurant setting is preferred.
– Must be able to read, write and speak clearly using the English language and demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
– Ability to maintain confidentiality while showing respect to all people is essential.
– Ability to multi-task, have strong organizational skills, and demonstrate ability to work independently as well as part of the food service team.
– Applicants must have the physical ability to perform light to moderate lifting and pushing, as well as walking and standing on hard floors for the majority of the day.
– Must be able to complete repetitive movements for periods of time.
– Preference will be given to those with customer service training and Food Safe certification.
– Candidates may require computer skills.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Saint Albert, AB, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-18