OverviewAlberta Health Services Environmental II Temporary in Leduc, AB
Alberta Health Services
Branch Leduc AB CA
Physical requirements of this position include repetitive bending, kneeling, walking and standing for extended periods of time, lifting, pushing, or pulling…
The Environmental II position is responsible for performing routine and specialized heavy cleaning tasks in clinical and non-clinical areas. Duties include, but are not limited to; discharge/transfer isolation cleaning, project cleaning such as wall washing and floor restoration, utilization of industrial equipment and hospital approved cleaning products, and collection and transportation of all waste streams within a hospital environment in compliance with AHS and department policies, procedures, and standards.
Physical requirements of this position include repetitive bending, kneeling, walking and standing for extended periods of time, lifting, pushing, or pulling heavy and bulky items.
Environmental Services is a patient and customer-service focused department consisting of approximately 6000 employees provincially. Environmental Services is responsible for the 24 hour/7 days per week maintenance of Alberta Health Services hospital’s environmental cleaning and waste stream management functions.
– A High School Diploma, or equivalent, is required. (Internal applicants without a High School Diploma will be considered).
– A minimum of 1 year of previous experience performing environmental cleaning duties in a hospital or institution is required.
– Extensive knowledge of cleaning techniques, methods, and industrial cleaning products is required.
– Preference will be given to those applicants that have extensive knowledge of floor care restoration, cleaning equipment and tools, including their uses, basic maintenance, and troubleshooting.
– Previous knowledge and application of WHMIS is required.
– Basic knowledge of computer programs, such as email, is required.
– Applicants must demonstrate the ability to read, write, speak, understand, and follow written and oral directions in English.
– Must be dependable, thorough, and be able to work with minimal supervision.
A combination of education, training and relevant experience may be considered. All new employees will be required to attend a 5-day Environmental Services Orientation and a 1- day AHS Orientation.
Preference will be given to internal AHS applicants.
For internal AHS and Environmental Services applicants:
– Two professional references are required upon interview.
For External applicants:
The following must be provided at the time of interview:
– 3 professional references.
– Valid work permit/visa (if applicable).
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Leduc, AB, CA
Posted on: 2016-09-21