OverviewAlberta Health Services EMT – Paramedic 2190 Full Time in Edmonton, AB
Alberta Health Services
Branch Edmonton AB CA
EMT – Paramedic 2190
As a health care professional, you will be a patient advocate who effectively communicates and interacts with community partners and allied professionals to…
Alberta Health Services EMS requires Paramedics to provide advanced life support services in and around the City of Edmonton. As a health care professional, you will be a patient advocate who effectively communicates and interacts with community partners and allied professionals to ensure safe and proficient patient care and transportation. To fulfill your responsibilities you will safely operate emergency vehicles, respond to medical and traumatic emergencies and inter-facility transport requests while adhering to professional standards, medical control protocols, standard operating procedures, polices and directives. This job requires the ability to lift and move patients and equipment.
Resume with cover letter and the following documentation:
– Candidate’s must possess a valid class 4 Alberta Operators License or equivalent with no more than six (6) demerits.
– A drivers abstract must be submitted at time of application, dated no more than 30 days from date of application.
– Copy of Alberta College of Paramedics registration card
– Copy of Class 4 Alberta Operator’s License
– Copy of Basic Life Support (BLS) – Health care Provider certification
– Copy of International Trauma Life Support (ITLS) or Pre-hospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS) certification within expiry date
– Copy of Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Provider Level certification within expiry date
– Copy of Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) or Pediatric Education for the Pre-hospital Professional (PEPP) certification within expiry date or proof of registration in an upcoming course
The selection process will include interviews, background and reference checks.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Edmonton, AB, CA
Posted on: 2016-09-27