OverviewAlberta Health Services e-Learning Developer Full Time in Calgary, AB
Alberta Health Services
Branch Calgary AB CA
The e-Learning Developer, reports to the Manager, Provincial Staffing Services Support and is responsible for the design, development and maintenance of PSS e…
The e-Learning Developer, reports to the Manager, Provincial Staffing Services Support and is responsible for the design, development and maintenance of PSS e-Learning educational material, technology and resources necessary to facilitate a blended learning approach focused on skill development, performance and process optimization within the Provincial Staffing Service (PSS) portfolio serving employees throughout Alberta Health Services (AHS).
The e-Learning Developer is the subject matter expert for e-Learning technology, content development and provides consultation on the mechanics of e-Learning technology while conducting detailed analysis and evaluation of skills and knowledge training.
The e-Learning Developer continuously reviews existing learning material to ensure relevancy, accuracy of content and appropriateness of delivery methods – initiates edits, updates, and/or redesign of content to ensure that all education material is compliant with training objectives an expectations.
As a member of the PSS portfolio and in strong collaboration with the Provincial Standards and Quality Lead and Application Coordinator, this subject matter expert supports staff scheduling e-Learning related initiatives for project/operational teams, working groups and other stakeholders including the PSS Leadership team, Information Technology (IT) and My Learning Link (MLL), Manager of Staffing Service Support, Executive Director, Human Resources, Labor Relations, Provincial Standards & Quality Council and Payroll.
This position is negotiable within the Province.
– A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in education is required, plus other recognized designation related to health informatics is preferred.
– A minimum of up to 5 years’ experience in developing and implementing learning strategies and plans for an organization of significant size, complexity and diversity is preferred (healthcare experience an asset). Certificate or Master’s Degree in Adult Learning is an asset.
– Knowledge and application of theories, principles and practices related to learning (curriculum development, training plans etc.)
– Knowledge and application of theories, principles and practices related to organizational change management.
– Knowledge of and experience in project planning, execution, reporting, monitoring and evaluation.
– Significant experience in problem solving, concerns resolution, investigation, and negotiation.
– Team leadership skills, including demonstrated ability and comfort with decision making responsibilities, coaching and teaching, and the ability to inspire and build confidence in others.
– Demonstrated ability to foster relationships and partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
– Demonstrated ability to think systematically and critically.
– Effective communicator with strong organizational skills, influential skills, and client focused orientation and commitment to providing quality services.
– Ability to relay or explain complex issues or difficult situations. Skills in negotiation, facilitation and conflict resolution are required.
– Ability to develop and facilitate presentations to convey information or transfer knowledge.
This position requires a vehicle for business use. Possession of a valid driver’s license and access to a motor vehicle in good repair for work-related travel is required.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Posted on: 2016-11-01