OverviewAlberta Health Services Coordinator, Surveillance Temporary in Calgary, AB
Alberta Health Services
Branch Calgary AB CA
The Coordinator will work closely with team members from both the Surveillance Innovation Stream, ACPLF and Public Health Surveillance and Infrastructure (PHSI)…
Reporting to the Research/Surveillance Lead, the Coordinator plays an integral role in achieving the objectives of the Alberta Cancer Prevention Legacy Fund (ACPLF) strategic framework. The mission of ACPL is to transform cancer prevention with Albertans through innovative population-based initiatives, screening, and collaborative, and focused research.
ACPLF aims to support the implementation of policies and programs and the creation of supportive physical and social environments that reduce the prevalence of modifiable risk factors. The surveillance stream within ACPLF aims to develop mechanisms to routinely report cancer prevention and screening profiles at relevant levels of geography to help inform and evaluate local cancer prevention and screening strategies, and to monitor differences in cancer risk
The Project Coordinator’s ultimate goal is to ensure projects achieve the maximum impact on cancer screening and prevention in surveillance settings. The focus of this term position is to plan and coordinate with team members to build the architecture for a single online source to present comprehensive interactive, user-friendly, cancer community profiles.
The Coordinator will work closely with team members from both the Surveillance Innovation Stream, ACPLF and Public Health Surveillance and Infrastructure (PHSI). The Coordinator will also work within a multi-stakeholder environment and will develop and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders. The Coordinator will lead and complete the deliverables/tasks in the work stream as identified in the implementation plan in collaboration with other project team members.
Implements and coordinates surveillance ACPLF project activities:
- Coordinates project charter, work plan, resource requirements, and planning for transitioning of projects.
- Provides Surveillance knowledge and expertise to the lead and the team to plan and guide projects.
- Works with project analyst.
- Works collaboratively with team members from PSHI and ACPLF.
- Oversight of Surveillance Advisory/Working groups and strategic planning.
- Leads, facilitates, and maintains advisory/working group to develop strategies, implement best practice approaches, ensure buy-in and consensus, and contribute to development of transition planning.
- Advisory groups may consist of senior leaders in Surveillance.
- Working groups may consist of surveillance providers, etc.
- Provides work stream updates to project team, Integration Lead, and Scientific Lead.
- Provides insight into future projects and strategic planning on Innovation stream meetings.
Engagement and Communication:
- Identifies and establishes working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders(AHS senior leadership, managers, leads, directors, MOH, etc).
- Interprets stakeholder needs, assesses requirements, and identifies solutions to standard and nonstandard requests.
- Communicates effectively orally and in writing with staff, stakeholders, and other partners.
- Develops reports for senior stakeholders and team as needed.
- Navigates through issues arising throughout projects to ensure a mitigation strategy is applied to minimize delays in project implementation.
All Management and Out of Scope positions are being reviewed for possible inclusion in the AUPE General Support Services bargaining unit. If this position is impacted, the incumbent will be notified accordingly.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a health setting (prefer Surveillance or Chronic Disease Management/Prevention).
- Knowledge of cancer prevention modifiable risk factors.
- Knowledge of surveillance and chronic disease prevention, including strategies and best practice related to cancer prevention and screening.
- Experience with research and project management methodology, processes, and tools is an asset.
- Experience with Sharepoint and Microsoft programs is an asset.
- Ability to engage with and sustain complex relationships with high level external and internal key stakeholders.
- Engage with multidisciplinary front line health care providers in surveillance.
- Expert facilitation skills especially with multiple stakeholders.
- Advanced written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with managing effective collaborations, advisory/working groups, and steering committees.
- Conflict management expertise focusing on group dynamics and competing priorities.
- Ability to navigate or familiarity with AHS systems and processes.
- Ability to manage and prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a multidisciplinary team.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Posted on: 2015-09-24