OverviewAlberta Health Services Continuing Care Counsellor – Placement Coordinator Temporary in Red Deer, AB
Alberta Health Services
Branch Red Deer AB CA
Continuing Care Counsellor – Placement Coordinator
Red Deer, AB
Comprehensive knowledge of gerontology, case management and the continuing care system including community based client services is an asset….
Responsible for the overall day to day operations of activities related to client access to residential options in Continuing Care (Supportive Living and Long Term Care). Using a collaborative approach with members of the health care team, client/alternate decision maker/family, the coordinator reviews all applications and makes decisions related to same. Also, participates in managing the Central Zone wait list according to guidelines, revises priorities on a continuous basis and coordinates the placement process for clients. Acts as a resource to facilities and community health care professionals, as well as to Central Zone management on issues related to placement. Maintains statistical data and other documentation related to client placement and may prepare reports for Continuing Care Placement Office manager.
– Baccalaureate degree in a health care profession preferred, with current professional registration required.
– Working knowledge of the Meditech system is an asset.
– Comprehensive knowledge of gerontology, case management and the continuing care system including community based client services is an asset.
– Minimum of two years clinical experience is necessary.
– An excellent attendance record, reliability and personal suitability must be demonstrated through your employment references.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Red Deer, AB, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-01