OverviewAlberta Health Services Clerk V – Diagnostic Imaging Informatics Assistant Full Time in Calgary, AB
Alberta Health Services
Branch Calgary AB CA
Clerk V – Diagnostic Imaging Informatics Assistant
Collaborative Practice, Wellness, Patient and Family Centred Care, and programmatic hiring. Under limited supervision this position is a support specialist that…
- Under limited supervision this position is a support specialist that performs complex duties related to the numerous computer systems and software within Diagnostic Imaging.
– The successful candidate will be a highly motivated, dynamic individual who thrives on challenge and relishes the opportunity of leading and implementing innovative IT processes.
– The Assistant will work in collaboration with the Imaging Informatics Client Coordinators to support the clinical computer based applications for Diagnostic Imaging at the site level. (PACS, PS 360, TeraRecon, RIS (Millenium), Clinibase.
– The Assistant will be accountable for ensuring the integrity and accuracy of patient data within the multiple computer systems in the department. This position will have administrator privileges and/or access to Voice Recognition System, Radiology Information System, PACS, TeraRecon.
– Support to the onsite Radiologists is a priority for the Assistant, to ensure accurate Diagnostic Imaging images and results are available within the expected turn-around times.
– Performs, training and education to new and current Clerical, Technical, Medical Professional staff and clients of Diagnostic Imaging.
– This position is mainly days, however occasional evenings/weekends maybe required during system implementation/upgrades.
– The SHC has four key pillars of service: Collaborative Practice, Wellness, Patient and Family Centred Care, and programmatic hiring. These pillars are guiding the development and delivery of service of to all patients and families at SHC.
– Grade 12 Diploma
– Some post secondary education in Business or Information Technology (or related field)
– Microsoft Certified System Administrator (MCSA) Certificate an asset.
– Medical Terminology desired.
– PACS Administration Course desired.
– Computer skills: technical proficiency using Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Word, Excel.
– System Administration Skills and/or Data base experience required.
– Experience in dealing with a wide variety of personality types in a highly professional manner
– Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi task.
– Must be an effective trouble shooter. Strong initiative and good judgment are essential.
– Excellent interpersonal and verbal communications skills required.
– Ability to effectively communicate in English required.
– Ability to work independently, assume responsibility and to foster a positive work environment that promotes good team work.
– Proficient use of various computer systems and software.
– Current knowledge of 5 different specialized computer software systems: Web/PACS, RIS (unique in DI), Voice recognition system, HIS and Netcare required.
– Imaging informatics for professionals certificate or equivalent desired.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Posted on: 2015-09-22