OverviewAlberta Health Services Clerk IV – Spasticity Clinic for Adults (Glenrose) Part Time in Edmonton, AB
Alberta Health Services
Branch Edmonton AB CA
Clerk IV – Spasticity Clinic for Adults (Glenrose)
Researches reason for rejected claims, makes corrections and resubmits. Tracks and maintains filing for items requiring signatures, contacts internal…
Reporting to the Administrative Assistant, Adult Rehabilitation, the successful candidate will work in a fast-paced and demanding environment where interruptions can be constant. Keen attention to detail and a high level of proficiency with computer programs is essential. The incumbent will be required to exercise sensitivity with physician information and patient records, exhibit good judgment, tact, diplomacy and discretion when dealing with highly sensitive and confidential issues.
This position is the primary contact for the Director, Spasticity Clinic (Adults) University appointment, and, in addition to providing day-to-day senior level clerical and transcription support to the clinic, will be responsible for maintaining and updating teaching schedules, scheduling meetings with researchers within Alberta Health Services and outside organizations, and will be expected to assist the Director and Spasticity Clinic Nurse Coordinator in the development of presentations, annual reports, clinical data analysis, and internal and external communications.
NOTE: This position is permanent part-time.
Clerical and Transcription Support:
– Transcribes consultation reports, physician correspondence and other documents as needed. Proofreads/ interprets and edits medical dictation for discrepancies to ensure accuracy, clarity and completeness.
– Tracks and maintains filing for items requiring signatures, contacts internal departments and external clinics, patients to advise of admission, discharge and appointment dates and arranges patient transportation.
– Answers queries and from referring physician offices (internal and external), patients and their representatives and hospital clinical and administrative staff.
– Collects relevant patient information for new patient assessments/files.
– Point of contact for scheduling of meetings for the Director’s academic appointments including scheduling of meetings, speaking engagements, teaching sessions, travel itineraries as needed.
– Assists with patient appointment scheduling utilizing the e-Clinician software.
– Uses medical terminology and reference material to ensure reports meet established quality standards.
– Responsible for maintaining a filing system.
– Provides vacation and sick absence coverage to other clerical staff within the department.
– Must work independently in a complex environment and performs multiple tasks involving shifting priorities, deadlines.
– Other duties as assigned.
Payroll and Financial Management:
– Enters time into ePeople, handles payroll inquiries, resolves discrepancies and makes changes accordingly. Ensures all staff time for the clinic is entered prior to any given deadlines.
– Maintains records of time sheets for auditing purposes.
– Manages all financial accounting aspects for multiple physicians.
– Compiles, prepares and submits physicians’ monthly billing, invoices and physicians’ account records, including reconciliation and preparation of quarterly and annual reports and statement, e.g. physicians’ income reports.
– Independently makes decision to “write-off” non-payment after all avenues for collection are exhausted.
– Compiles, prepares and submits AHC and WCB billing for physicians to data entry.
– Enters billing information in the billing program – Data entry of AHC, WCB and third party physician billings.
– Reconciles physician payments monthly; researches reason for rejected claims, makes corrections and resubmits.
– Audits billing codes for all physicians i.e. both diagnostic and procedure codes.
– Ensures billing information is completed by physician at the end of each clinic.
– Submits billing weekly to the AHC service provider.
– Follows up unpaid claims with appropriate parties.
– Monitors program expenditures and cost centres including high cost clinical supplies.
– Receives and processes payments for services.
– Prepares and submits expense claims in accordance with financial policies and guidelines.
– Conducts monthly collection follow-up and monthly account analysis and reconciliation.
– Completion of a Grade XII Diploma supplemented by an Administrative Assistant diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution is required.
– Successful completion of a course in Medical Terminology required.
– An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
– A minimum of 3 – 5 years working in a progressively responsible secretarial/transcription position within a health care based organization is preferred.
– Experience working with Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word and Excel is required.
– Experience with physician billing is an asset. Incumbent will be required to complete billing for physicians on a regular basis.
– Familiar with Alberta Health Services (“AHS”) policies and procedures is an asset.
– Experience with AHS systems including VAX, e-People and e-Clinician is preferred.
– Experience working with the Alberta Netcare Portal (“Netcare”) is highly preferred.
– Demonstrated problem solving and decision-making skills are necessary to anticipate, identify and independently recommend appropriate actions to complex administrative problems.
– Excellent interpersonal, communication and analytical skills.
– Able to type greater than 60 wpm.
– Demonstrated time-management and high-level organizational skills.
– Must be flexible in order to accommodate changing workload demands.
– Self-directed and able to work under minimal supervision.
– CPR certification is desired.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Edmonton, AB, CA
Posted on: 2015-03-21