OverviewAlberta Health Services Clerk III Temporary in Stony Plain, AB
Alberta Health Services
Branch Stony Plain AB CA
Stony Plain, AB
A Focus on Patient and Family Centered Care along with exceptional Customer services skills are required. The incumbent must be knowledgeable about hospital…
Reporting directly to the Supervisor of Registration, Switchboard and Patient Information, you will ensure the timely and accurate face to face or telephone registration of patients using multiple computerized programs simultaneously. You must pay close attention to details while achieving a high level of accuracy. You work well independently and organize and prioritize your tasks. You will greet patients and family members using NOD, provide patient location or information as appropriate. The ideal candidate would possess strong analytical skills, an ability to work under pressure, independently and make sound judgments based on established procedures and policies. As well, you show empathy for patients while remaining tactful and professional.
Successful completion of Grade 12 and Medical Terminology required, as well as 40 wpm keyboarding skills. A skills test will be administered at Seventh Street Plaza. This position requires excellent communication, interpersonal, public relation, conflict resolution and organizational skills.
The incumbent must be knowledgeable about hospital policies, Provincial Registration Standards and Practices and ensures that the patient is aware of their financial obligations. Answering Switchboard using NOD, following established telephone procedures in the case of a fire alarm or other emergency, monitor code phones and page code calls, page Physicians or staff as required, transmit announcements on the PA system as required are just another of the many facets of this position.
The successful candidate must possess:
– A grade (12) education or equivalent required.
– Computer keyboarding skills: minimum of 40 WPM required.
– Successful completion of a medical terminology course required.
– Keyboarding and Medical Terminology requirements will be demonstrated with a skills test.
– Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
– One year of hospital or medical related experience is preferred.
– The ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
– Work harmoniously in a team setting.
– Be able to uphold strict confidentiality.
– A high degree of accuracy and quantity of work.
– Exceptional interpersonal skills.
– Excellent communication skills, verbal, listening, reading and writing (English) are essential.
– Good organizational skills.
– A Focus on Patient and Family Centered Care along with exceptional Customer services skills are required.
Preference will be given to candidates with experience using the following:
– Provincial Registration Standards and Practices.
– EDIS .
– Proven track record of Patient and Family Centered Care.
This position requires attention to detail, the ability to prioritize and multi-task. The successful candidate must display good availability for all shifts including days, evenings, weekends and stat holidays.
This position may be required to report to various sites.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Stony Plain, AB, CA
Posted on: 2015-03-21