OverviewAlberta Health Services Clerk III (QEII Patient Registration – RFT) Full Time in Grande Prairie, AB
Alberta Health Services
Branch Grande Prairie AB CA
Clerk III (QEII Patient Registration – RFT)
Grande Prairie, AB
Working under the general supervision and guidance of the Supervisor, Health Information Management, this position performs a variety of clerical duties related…
Working under the general supervision and guidance of the Supervisor, Health Information Management, this position performs a variety of clerical duties related to interviewing patients/parents in providing accurate and timely registration services for the hospital. Main duties include processing admission and registration of inpatients and outpatients in Admitting and/or Emergency Department areas. Responsible for receiving payments on behalf of Finance, directing clients, visitors, staff, etc. to appropriate departments/areas as needed.
In addition to a competitive rate of pay, AHS currently has a Remote Retention Allowance in place to an annual maximum of $3,000. This allowance is non-pensionable and is payable on an hourly basis for all hours paid at the basic rate of pay.
– Minimum grade 12.
– Medical Terminology preferred.
– Experience working with Meditech Admission Module an asset.
– Experience in medical office setting preferred.
– Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
– Confident to work independently and in a team environment.
– Skilled at paying close attention to detail.
– Demonstrated ability to maintain professional image, manage stressful situations with empathy and to remain calm, courteous, sensitive and tactful at all times.
– Knowledge of legislation regarding access, privacy and disclosure of patient information required.
– Able to prioritize work and cope with frequent interruptions.
– Must be able to work all shifts based on operational needs.
– An excellent attendance record, reliability and personal suitability must be demonstrated through employment record of references.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Grande Prairie, AB, CA
Posted on: 2015-03-23