OverviewAlberta Health Services Clerk III Part Time in Devon, AB
Alberta Health Services
Branch Devon AB CA
Reporting to the Supervisor of Patient Registration/Information Services, Health Information Management, the position ensures optimum service and attention to…
At Alberta Health Services our mission is to provide a patient-focused, quality health system that is accessible and sustainable for all Albertans.
Alberta Health Services’ Core Values have one thing in common: The quality of patient care. Our seven values – respect, accountability, transparency, engagement, safety, learning and performance – drive us, and unite us.
You must be committed to our Core Values to pursue this exciting opportunity in Patient Registration/Information Services Area-Health Information Management.
This position is one of the most important functions in the health care delivery system and the first point where contact is made with patients and families. This position serves as an ambassador, role model and team player within the Organization. It is the beginning of the Patient’s journey and health record.
This job might be for you if:
– You pay attention to the details. You want to do it right, every time
– You think on your feet. You like learning new things and you can learn quickly. When things change you change with it easily
– Friendly personality with the desire to work with the public
– You like helping people. You like to go “above and beyond”
Reporting to the Supervisor of Patient Registration/Information Services, Health Information Management, the position ensures optimum service and attention to patients and families. The Patient Registration Clerk respectfully and accurately gathers demographic information from both in-and outpatients to meet the needs of all departments and to see that the financial responsibility of each visit comes to the correct conclusion. As Health Information Management is the custodian of the health record it is essential that the Patient Registration Clerk keep all patients’ health information private and confidential. Preference will be given to candidates that are knowledgeable regarding hospital policies, provincial registration standards and practices. The Registration Clerk will work with the Registration Supervisor to accomplish the above stated goals and will do so with professionalism, demonstrating our Mission and Core Values. Performs other duties as assigned by Supervisor, Patient Registration/Information Services-Health Information Management or delegate.
Alberta Health Services has a strong commitment to putting our patients and families at the centre of our care model. This phrase also refers to how we treat one another in our workplace — with respect, dignity, and inclusiveness. We are energetic, talented, and passionate — and seek others like us.
– Completion of grade 12 diploma or recognized equivalent required.
– Completion of Medical Terminology course required from a recognized school.
– Preference will be given to candidates with some post secondary education.
– Computer keyboarding speed of 40 wpm will be required and demonstrated through a skills test.
– Preference will be given to candidates with previous patient registration experience in a healthcare setting.
– Computer proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
– Ability to prioritize in a fast paced environment.
– Have a flexible approach to work.
– Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
– Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
– A strong commitment to providing Patient and Family Centered Care is essential for this position.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Devon, AB, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-01