OverviewAlberta Health Services Clerk III Fairview Part Time in Fairview, AB
Alberta Health Services
Branch Fairview AB CA
Clerk III Fairview
Experience in Patient Registration, Financial Records, and/or Telecommunications preferred. Reporting to the HIM Supervisor, the Clerk is responsible for…
Reporting to the HIM Supervisor, the Clerk is responsible for Patient Registration, Switchboard, Finance, and Health Record functions. The HIM Clerk maintains the integrity of the health record through filing, assembly and retrieving confidential patient records. The position responds to telephone requests for access and disclosure in accordance with department, zone and legislative requirements.
Willing to work ethically and professionally as an AHS employee, abiding and upholding AHS Policies and Procedures.
– Interviewing and Registration of patients utilizing health care information system (Meditech) to include the collection/verification of patients demographic information as well as validating insurance, financial information, completion of WCB forms, and other necessary forms. This process includes reception, application of identification wristbands on patients, providing way finding, creating unique life time identifiers for nonresidents of Alberta and other clerical duties to support the registration process. Scheduling specialty clinics, reminder calls to patients.
– Provides reception services, operating the switchboard and directing calls or taking messages as appropriate, opening and closing the office, way finding, greeting clients and families. Monitors security cameras if applicable and code phones/alerts as required in the site.
– Performs general clerical health record duties including filing, adding late reports to the patients records, photocopying.
– Provides information to internal and external care providers on request.
– Performs financial duties such as retrieving payments on accounts, deposits to bank, providing safekeeping, and where applicable assisting residents with trust accounts.
– Performs other related duties in support HIM and/or the facility – operating, training and maintaining standard equipment, mail distribution, arranging courier services, complying with Workplace Health and Safety Policies and Procedures, Ordering supplies.
– Training and orientation of new staff by communication and demonstrating practices and procedures and providing mentoring and guidance to the new employees in HIM.
In addition to a competitive rate of pay, AHS currently has a Remote Retention Allowance in place to an annual maximum of $3,000. This allowance is non-pensionable and is payable on an hourly basis for all hours paid at the basic rate of pay.
– Grade 12 High School Diploma or recognized equivalent education.
– Knowledge of Medical Terminology Preferred.
– Ability to operate a computer with speed and accuracy and type 50 wpm.
– Experience in Patient Registration, Financial Records, and/or Telecommunications preferred.
– Strong communication skills and the ability to interact with people necessary.
– Ability to Problem-solve and be organized and efficient in day to-day functions.
– Ability to work under pressure in emergent and urgent situations with limited supervision.
Regular office setting. Sitting for long periods of time. 90% Repetitive Computer work. Minimal physical exertion. Multitasking environment.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Fairview, AB, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-18