OverviewAlberta Health Services Cardiology Technologist I Temporary in Calgary, AB
Alberta Health Services
Branch Calgary AB CA
Cardiology Technologist I
Understands and complies with Legal requirements of licensure, the Health Professions Act, Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIP),…
The South Health Campus (SHC) is a full-service service hospital that provides both inpatient and ambulatory health care services to Calgary. The SHC is an innovative concept that is more than a “hospital”. It is built in a campus environment and includes wellness services, as well as prevention and public health education and learning opportunities for community members. The campus has wellness facilities with partners such as a YMCA, as well as retail and commercial partnerships.
The hospital adheres to four key pillars of service: Collaborative Practice, Wellness, Patient and Family Centered Care and Innovation. These pillars serve as the key philosophical principles to be used in the development and service of all care to patients and families at SHC. This position will require you to champion these four key areas.
The Cardiology Technologist I is a technical position involving non-invasive cardiac testing procedures to investigate cardiac abnormalities and level of function. Responsible for the performance of cardiac tests, understanding and recognizing the pathophysiological mechanisms involved in the formation and re-occurrence of complex arrhythmia’s.
In their role, the Cardiology Technologist:
- Collects patient history as required for procedures and documents information for physicians.
- Prepares patients, explains procedures and educates patients on equipment function as required.
- Operates various recorders and observes the patient while undergoing the testing process and notifies attending medical professional if patients condition changes.
- Performs recordings using appropriate analyzers, monitors and scanners.
- Analyzes and summarizes test results and generates reports for physician interpretation.
- Provides expertise in the set up, calibration, maintenance and troubleshooting of equipment.
- Applies Holter, Blood Pressure and Event Recorder monitors as required.
- May perform functions such as Exercise Tolerance Testing and Ambulatory Monitoring as required.
- Implements resuscitation measures when necessary.
- Understands and complies with Legal requirements of licensure, the Health Professions Act, Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIP), Protection of Persons in Care Act, Health Information Act and other relevant legislation.
- Demonstrates accountability for practice.
- Achieves, maintains and monitors own competence in practice.
- Identifies own professional development needs and competencies, seeks appropriate learning opportunities and evaluates own learning.
- Appropriately consents to and supervises care of unregulated healthcare providers, and assigns care to regulated members of the healthcare team according to their scope of practice and Calgary Zone/AHS policies and procedures.
- Maintains current knowledge of service area, trends and techniques.
- Certificate from a recognized school of Cardiology Technology.
- Current valid Basic Cardiac Life Support – Health Care Provider (BCLS-HCP) Certificate.
- Registered Active status with the Canadian Society of Cardiology Technologists (CSCT).
- Registered Active member with the Alberta Society of Registered Cardiology Technologist (ASRCT).
- Demonstrated strong leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills required.
- Exercise Tolerance/Stress Test experience.
- Minimum 1 year experience as a Cardiology Technologist in an ambulatory/acute care setting.
- Outpatient/ambulatory experience in a hospital setting.
- ACLS certification.
- Holter/Event Recorder application and data review.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Posted on: 2015-01-24