OverviewAlberta Health Services Audiologist Full Time in Calgary, AB
Alberta Health Services
Branch Calgary AB CA
Collaborative Practice, Wellness, Patient and Family Centered Care, and Innovation. It is a campus environment and includes inpatient, outpatient, and wellness…
The SHC is more than just a “hospital”. It is a campus environment and includes inpatient, outpatient, and wellness services, as well as prevention and public health learning opportunities for the community. The campus also includes a YMCA and retail services.
The SHC has four key pillars of service: Collaborative Practice, Wellness, Patient and Family Centered Care, and Innovation. These pillars are guiding the development and delivery of service to all patients and families at SHC.
The Allied Health Department works collaboratively with all the clinical teams spread across the South Health Campus.
The Audiologist at SHC will work closely with the Physicians and the Clinic team in the following areas of service: ENT clinics, NICU and the newly developed outpatient Neurovesitbular Program. More than ½ of the caseload will be dedicated to the Neurovestibular Program.
Under general supervision of the Allied Health Managers, the Audiologist will have an opportunity to take part in planning an innovative concept at SHC. They will be involved with Program Development, Assessment and Treatment within a team environment and supervision of technical staff as well as students.
– Master’s degree in Audiology
– Active license with ACSLPA
– Current BCLS-HCP certification required
– Registered with CASLPA
– Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a patient-centered, interdisciplinary team of health care professionals
– Minimum of 2 years experience in diagnostic and rehabilitation audiology required
– Recent experience in ENG / VNG clinical protocols required
– Experience with ABR and BAHA strongly preferred
– Must demonstrate an ability to provide clinical service within a continually changing health care environment
– Effective self management skills and demonstrated initiative
– Basic computer skills are an asset
– Strong interpersonal and communication skills required
– Interest in research preferred, but not required
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Posted on: 2015-09-22