OverviewAlberta Health Services Administrative Support V (Peds Ambulatory & Medicine) Temporary in Edmonton, AB
Alberta Health Services
Branch Edmonton AB CA
Administrative Support V (Peds Ambulatory & Medicine)
Organizing interviews, processing and filing employee paperwork while liaising with Human Resources and Finance, as appropriate….
Working under minimal supervision, this position provides a high level of professional, complex, and well-organized administrative support for the Pediatric Medicine and Pediatric Ambulatory Care management team at the Stollery Children’s Hospital.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
– Calendar management, coordination and scheduling of meetings.
– General office duties such as ordering of supplies, mail distribution, regular maintenance/troubleshooting of printers/fax machines, and booking meeting rooms.
– The coordination and transcription of monthly Quality Council meetings.
– Processing of payment requisitions, expense claims, vacation, education, and travel requests.
– Validation and payment of invoices through Markview software.
– Payroll entry through PeopleSoft software.
– Managing, tracking, and troubleshooting recruitment activities (including posting creation)on the Recruitment Management System (RMS).
– Organizing interviews, processing and filing employee paperwork while liaising with Human Resources and Finance, as appropriate.
– Collaboration with a multi-disciplinary team and other administrative support staff to ensure smooth daily operations of the Stollery Children’s Hospital.
– Disaster Manual updates and assembly.
– Responsible for creating the Stollery Patient Care Manager on-call rotation schedule.
– Facilitating moves, repairs, equipment/furniture installation, and system access in coordination with supporting departments (Information Systems, Facilities Management, Environment Services, Telecommunications, etc.).
– Providing coverage for administrative support staff as needed.
Furthermore, this position must keep up-to-date with all activities and projects occurring within Pediatric Ambulatory and Medicine portfolios. The candidate must have the an ability to respond to changing priorities, interruptions, demonstrate flexibility in managing varying and unpredictable situations with the ability to produce timely and fair outcomes.
– Post-secondary education required.
– Certificate or Diploma in Office Administration required.
– 3-5 years experience in an intermediate or higher administrative support capacity required, with experience in a health care environment and knowledge of hospital systems an asset.
– Advanced understanding of MS Office (Outlook, Lync, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc) and a minimum typing speed of 60 words per minute.
– Ability to work independently; with frequent interruptions and effectively prioritize workload during periods of intense activities.
– Excellent critical thinking skills, time management and organizational skills, and ability to multi-task under pressure.
– Excellent interpersonal, communication both written and verbal, and analytical skills.
– Must demonstrate attention to detail, professionalism, and confidentiality at all times.
– Must be able to exercise judgment, tact, and diplomacy.
– Working knowledge of RMS, ePeople, and Markview is an asset.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Edmonton, AB, CA
Posted on: 2016-11-01