OverviewAlberta Health Services Administrative Support III Full Time in Calgary, AB
Alberta Health Services
Branch Calgary AB CA
Administrative Support III
Ability to foster positive interpersonal and communication skills with healthcare providers, allied healthcare professionals, peers, departmental management,…
Under the supervision of the Supervisor – DST Support Team (HIM), this position:
– Provides general office support for the department, front-line telephone reception and distribution of patient documentation.
– Is responsible to ensure transcribed patient care documentation is distributed in a timely fashion to pertinent care providers to support/facilitate health care treatment decisions.
– Provides assistance to medical transcriptionists, as well as care providers using the provincial dictation system (eScription).
– Assist in coordinating day to day workload management in conjunction with the Supervisor as well as act as a liaison resource.
– Grade 12 or General Equivalency Diploma is required.
– Must have at least six months of related experience in a hospital setting or medical receptionist experience is required.
– Fluent in the English language with excellent skills in reading, writing, and oral communication in English are required.
– Processing patient care documentation for fax/mail out.
– Working knowledge of medical terminology is preferred.
– Accurate data entry/keyboarding skills are required.
– Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Windows OS, including document management are required.
– Experience with dictation systems is preferred.
– Ability to work with minimal supervision is required.
– Ability to work within a team environment is required.
– Ability to foster positive interpersonal and communication skills with healthcare providers, allied healthcare professionals, peers, departmental management, patients, law enforcement agencies, lawyers, and other individuals who access our service are required.
– Ability to prioritize workload to meet established turnaround times is required.
– Ability to make sound judgment decisions.
– Ability to adhere to strict regional policies and procedures and legislated requirements regarding patient confidentiality are required.
– Ability to run high capacity printers – change toner, add paper and perform basic troubleshooting.
– Ability to handle frequent interruptions and still meet workload timelines are required.
– Ability to move and lift moderately (up to 50 pounds) heavy objects are required.
– Ability to operate basic office equipment, including high capacity printers, fax, photocopier, paper folder/inserter is required.
– Leadership skills are required.
– Supervisory experience is preferred.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Posted on: 2016-11-01