OverviewAlberta Health Services Administrative Support II Part Time in Grande Prairie, AB
Alberta Health Services
Branch Grande Prairie AB CA
Administrative Support II
Grande Prairie, AB
Clerical experience in a hospital or clinic. Performs clerical tasks for the department such as:. Evidence of thoroughness and attention to detail in…
Reporting to the Supervisor Health Information Management, the HIM Clerk provides clerical support for the Health Records department by processing patient records for filing, storage and scanning. Maintains filing systems in accordance with AHS policies and procedures.
– Retrieves and files patient charts such as:
– Retrieving and preparing charts.
– Updating record locator routine.
– Retrieving incomplete charts for physicians, health record staff, units, or other hospital departments.
– Sorting, delivering and filing reports as per departmental policies and procedures.
– Maintaining and organizing filing areas.
Retrieving and preparing files to be scanned according to departmental policies and procedures:
– Scanning of chart information.
– Verifying images for quality and accuracy.
– Preparing charts for storage by filing and organizing original records.
Performs clerical tasks for the department such as:
– Ordering and storing office supplies.
– Emptying telelift carts and sorting and distributing incoming charts and/or documents.
– Assisting co-workers with workloads as required.
Completes and distributes the necessary forms for the registration of vital statistics:
– Entering names of newborn children in the computer system.
– Completing death registrations and transmitting to the Department of Vital Statistics.
Performs Verification and Validation for patient records including:
– Sorting and attaching copies of inpatient and outpatient reports to appropriate patient chart
– Ensuring the patient chart number is recorded on all loose sections of the file.
– Performing Re-VV by processing incomplete discharges according to department procedures.
Performs other related duties, such as, but not limited to:
– Preparing and updating orientation manual for Health Registry File Clerks.
– Preparing chart folders, tabs and admission dividers.
– Printing and updating incomplete record and record locator lists during scheduled computer downtime.
– Providing training and orientation to staff and physicians.
– Participating on Health Registry related committees and projects.
– Adhering to Safe Work practices.
– Participating in educational sessions and in-services.
In addition to a competitive rate of pay, AHS currently has a Remote Retention Allowance in place to an annual maximum of $3,000. This allowance is non-pensionable and is payable on an hourly basis for all hours paid at the basic rate of pay.
– High school graduation or equivalent.
– Knowledge of Medical Terminology an asset.
– Clerical experience in a hospital or clinic.
– Previous experience in operating optical imaging equipment an asset.
– Ability to operate a computer and optical imaging equipment.
– Ability to understand and use various filing systems.
– Ability to type 40 net w.p.m.
– Ability to follow verbal and written instructions precisely.
– Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
– Ability to multi-task.
– Ability to manage changing situations in a calm, assertive manner.
– Ability to organize and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
– Evidence of thoroughness and attention to detail in performance of clerical work.
– Evidence of responsibility and confidentiality in handling patient files.
– Evidence of superior customer service skills.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Grande Prairie, AB, CA
Posted on: 2016-12-05