OverviewAlberta Health Services Addiction & Mental Health – Recovery Worker Full Time in Grande Prairie, AB
Alberta Health Services
Branch Grande Prairie AB CA
Addiction & Mental Health – Recovery Worker
Grande Prairie, AB
Staff work collaboratively with other health and service providers. Works effectively with internal and external partners to optimize services….
As part of an inter-professional team, the incumbent will contribute to the delivery of community based services to persons with a severe and persistent mental illness using psychosocial rehabilitation principles, promoting client respect, autonomy, health and improved quality of life. Duties include carrying out assigned tasks in a client focused recovery plan which includes support to participate in activities of daily living, recreational and social activities, educational and employment activities. Staff work collaboratively with other health and service providers. Services are primarily provided in the community and in client homes. The Outreach Worker works under the direction of the clinical supervisor of Assertive Outreach Services.
- Service Provider: Supports the client through direct and indirect and indirect client care and non-client service provision, including functional and goal oriented services to clients, families, groups and communities.
- Collaborator: works effectively with internal and external partners to optimize services.
- Advocate: supports the client through direct and indirect advocacy.
- Life long learner: enhances competency through reflective practice and continuous learning.
- Paraprofessional: applies professionalism and ethics to the provision of person-centred care and participation in inter-professional teams.
In addition to a competitive rate of pay, Alberta Health Services currently has a Remote Retention Allowance in place to an annual maximum of $3,000. This allowance is non-pensionable and is payable on an hourly basis for all hours paid at the basic rate of pay.
Psychosocial Rehabilitation certificate and/or mental health aide diploma from an approved post secondary program. Applicable equivalent education – diploma in social work, community rehabilitation accompanied by related experience.
Minimum 1 year experience in working with adults with a mental illness. Experience in managing crisis situations, experience with a psychosocial rehabilitation model of intervention and an understanding of the principles of recovery.
This position requires a vehicle for business use. Possession of a valid driver’s license and access to a motor vehicle in good repair for work-related travel is required. (Class 5 drivers license, clean driver’s abstract).
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Grande Prairie, AB, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-18