OverviewAlberta Blue Cross Underwriting Associate – Group Underwriting Full Time in Edmonton, AB
Alberta Blue Cross
Branch Edmonton AB CA
Underwriting Associate – Group Underwriting
Must be able to work well under pressure and be able to assess priorities in a confident manner. Will be responsible for determining acceptability of insurance…
Under the direction and supervision of the Manager, Group Underwriting, the Underwriting Associate is responsible for providing administrative support for the department in accordance with policies and procedures of the department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Will be responsible for determining acceptability of insurance risks and appropriate premium rates for renewal and prospect employer groups (less than 10 lives) in accordance with underwriting guidelines and authority limits.
- Support other group underwriters with large renewals, revisions, interims and quotations as required.
- HSA re-enrolments for our small group block of business.
- Proofing and quality assurance with renewals.
- Assists in file archiving and records storage.
- Assists with other duties and projects as required.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills, along with excellent written and verbal communication skills.Must be detail orientated and possess strong organizational skills.
- Strong analytical ability, with a commitment to accuracy and timeliness.
- Must have excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Must be able to work well under pressure and be able to assess priorities in a confident manner.
Alberta Blue Cross offers a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work in a challenging team-oriented environment. These positions will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. If you have the qualifications we are looking for, please apply online at www.ab.bluecross.ca .
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Edmonton, AB, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-10