OverviewAlberta Blue Cross Administrative Assistant – Health Services Full Time in Edmonton, AB
Alberta Blue Cross
Branch Edmonton AB CA
Administrative Assistant – Health Services
The Administrative Assistant will report directly to Senior Manager. Provide administrative support to the Senior Manager and Management team including, but not…
The primary purpose of this position is to assist and support the Senior Manager and Management Team of Health Services to ensure the effective and efficient operation of the department. The Administrative Assistant will report directly to Senior Manager. The successful candidate will have a positive, friendly attitude and will be responsible for maintaining a welcoming office atmosphere.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide administrative support to the Senior Manager and Management team including, but not limited to; preparing written correspondence, develop presentations, scheduling meetings, and meeting minute taking and distribution.
- Assist and/or coordinate initiatives as assigned by the Senior Manager and Management Team.
- Ensure priorities are handled in the Management Team’s absence through the coordination and/or assistance from internal or external sources.
- Research and prepare written materials such as correspondence, meeting minutes, proof reading marketing materials and correspondence.Compile department statistics and prepare reports.
- Maintain department budget tracking and assist in the preparation of yearly budget.
- Responsible for general office administration including data entry, and maintenance of files and filing system for Senior Manager.
- Book on-site meetings through Outlook and arrange lunches for working meetings for the Management Team and staff. Assist with preparation of meeting documents and set up when necessary.
- Special projects as may be required by Senior Management.
- Arrange new hire set ups, and departmental moves.
- Create purchase requisitions and accounts payable vouchers for the department.
- Plan or assist in planning department events.
- Initiate performance review process, compile results, distribute appropriate copies and file.
- Initiate travel arrangements, course/conference registration, and travel expense claims.
- Assist business areas with routine work during periods of heavy workload.
- Manage general office duties: equipment and facility maintenance, ordering supplies.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Post-secondary training or a minimum of one to two years of related experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite with advanced capability in Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Visio.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Must be self-motivated, energetic and flexible.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in researching and preparing a variety of written communication, as well as excellent listening and verbal communication skillsDemonstrated prioritization skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities in a rapidly changing environment.
- Tact, confidentiality and diplomacy are essential.
Alberta Blue Cross offers a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work in a challenging team-oriented environment. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. If you have the qualifications we are looking for, please apply online at www.ab.bluecross.ca
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Edmonton, AB, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-10