OverviewAirline Hotels Accounting & HR Coordinator: Part-Time (Temporary 14 months) Part Time in Edmonton, AB
Branch Edmonton AB CA
Accounting & HR Coordinator: Part-Time (Temporary 14 months)
Provide HR administration support and education to Hotel leaders as requested – including OH&S, policy interpretation, job postings, offer letters, forms, etc….
Airline Hotels, one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, is an award-winning, privately-held Canadian company with hotels in SK, AB, MB, and ON. As an equal opportunity employer to 920 associates, we believe in our values: Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Entrepreneurship.
The Accounting & HR Coordinator’s primary responsibility is to complete all on site accounting functions as directed by the Regional Controller as well as maintaining identified Airline HR programs. While reporting to the Regional Controller, this position will work closely with the GM onsite and the Regional HR Business Partner. In an average month this role will spend 50% of their time on HR duties and 50% of its time on accounting duties.
Job Accountabilities/Responsibilities: (Abbreviated)
- Perform cash duties including the balancing of cash deposits on daily basis including credit card payments and preparation of bank deposits ready for pickup by Gardaworld
- Process of all accounts payable in a timely manner in order to meet business objectives.
- Process all accounts payable invoices and purchase orders ready for posting to Profitvue, including reconciling purchase orders to invoices and ensuring all invoices have been approved by department managers and the general manager
- Maintain accurate accounts payable files at property level
- Follow up with all guest inquiries in a timely fashion and make any corrections in Opera as required for errors in posting of cash , revenue and accounts receivable
- Co-ordination of all Food & Beverage invoices including accurate month end inventories that reflect current pricing and month end counts and are sent each month on timely basis to the Regional Controller
- Assist with duties that are critical to the preparation of the monthly financial reporting under the direction of the Regional Controller
- Support to all department managers regarding preparation of purchase orders, their expenses, providing information as requested
- Assist with year-end audit
- Perform AR duties including posting of payments , set up direct bill accounts and collection of delinquent accounts receivable
- Provide HR administration support and education to Hotel leaders as requested – including OH&S, policy interpretation, job postings, offer letters, forms, etc.
- Maintain the Associate Opinion Survey process
- Educate, but not administer, associates on group benefits
- Manage and maintain the processes of Airline’s HRIS system.
- Provide and/or conduct regulatory type HR training as needed. (WHIMIS, Orientation, Serve it Right, etc.
- Administer basic employee injury reporting not including managing return to work case.
- Maintain compensation tool(s) integrity but not create.
- Maintain up to date and complete personnel records.
- Not a point of contact for employee relations. These will be directed to the Department Heads, EC and the General Manager.
Required Skill & Education
- Demonstrated proficiency in Airline’s Core Competencies of:
- At least 2 years of comparable accounting experience
- At least 2 years of comparable HR experience or 3+ years of supervisory experience in hospitality, retail or the service industry.
- Good english communication skills with the ability to present in both verbal and written format.
- Working knowledge of excel and word are preferred.
- General property management system knowledge
- Night Audit/ or cashier experience would be valuable
- Attention to detail, high level of accuracy
- Moderate to high level of mental effort
- Office environment
- Repetitious with long periods of sitting
Please mail, email, or fax your resume OR Hotel Application form to: Sunny Virk, Regional Controller| 7230 Argyll Road, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T6C 4A6 | Email: [email protected] | Fax: 780 469 3680
Only qualified applicants will be contacted
Airline Hotels is an equal opportunity employer that supports workforce diversity and offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Edmonton, AB, CA
Posted on: 2017-10-12