OverviewAir Energi Structural Engineer Commerical/Industrial/Municipal Full Time in St. John’s, NL
Branch St. John’s NL CA
Structural Engineer Commerical/Industrial/Municipal
St. John’s, NL
Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering with a focus on Structural Engineering. Accompany the Project Manager or Manager, Engineering on project opportunity…
• Participate in the design, preliminary estimates and details with the use of the guidelines for the projects relating to the field of structural engineering.
• Prepare design calculations and ensure plans correspond to the relevant codes, design standards and other regulations.
• Establish and maintain relationships with clients in order to define their needs.
• Explain technical information, concepts and study results.
• Verify and complete request for proposals, estimates and other technical documents.
• Supervise the work of technicians and draftspersons appointed to the project.
• Perform all other tasks that will help complete the project.
Business Development Responsibilities:
Candidates may be required to be involved in any of the below activities;
• Accompany the Project Manager or Manager, Engineering on project opportunity calls, meetings and presentations for local engineering work.
• Develops and maintains relationships with key local private enterprise and government clients to ensure on-going business development opportunities.
• Where there is no Project Manager, prepares a project profile summary for projects in excess of $10,000, or of a unique nature, to support business development.
• Evaluates and pursues project opportunities where the cost of pursuit of the project does not exceed $500. Refers project opportunities where the cost of pursuit is in excess of $500 to direct supervisor for review/approval after providing own approval.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering with a focus on Structural Engineering.
• Must be a member or be eligible for membership with PEGNL
• Minimum 5-10 years of related experience.
• Meticulous attention to detail is essential.
• Excellent oral and written communication abilities are essential.
• Excellent knowledge of building sites and municipal engineering.
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Proven negotiating and influencing skills
• Demonstrated ability to manage projects, administer contracts and control budgets
• Proficient knowledge of MS Office.
• Ability to multi-task in a multidisciplinary environment
• Exceptional organizational, prioritizing, and time management skills
• Valid Newfoundland driver’s license
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Saint John's, NL, CA
Posted on: 2015-03-21