OverviewAir Canada Repair Cycle Manager – Temporary – Montreal Temporary in Dorval, QC
Branch Dorval QC CA
Repair Cycle Manager – Temporary – Montreal
Ensure system accuracy within TRAX, for reporting purposes. Excellent knowledge of computer software (Excel, Word, Microsoft Project,) and MRP / ERP systems….
Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
The purpose of the role is to develop and oversee all aspects of the Repair Order process that pertain to all rotable components. Responsible to monitor the REPAIR ORDER process and cycle times as well as maintain Vendor Master Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in terms of repair cycle times guarantees.
RESPONSIBLE FOR END-TO-END REPAIR ORDER MANAGEMENT PROCESS; INCLUDING WARRANTY ROS
- Responsible to effectively manage the repair cycle to achieve ACM requirements:
- Monitoring, tracking and recording the movement of parts within ACM (stores, line maintenance, supplier, transportation, etc
- Resolve any hold issues at any gates, to ensure constant movement of parts
- Outline and work towards process improvement to minimize repeated stoppage
- Effectively manage and control the rotable asset inventory that is in the repair cycle.
- Provide on-going identifications of opportunities for cost saving and process-automation improvements
- Responsible for resolution of all cross functional issues and discrepancies affecting the repair cycle
- Identify potential expedite candidates based on customer requirements and contractual obligations
RESPONSIBLE FOR MONITORING REPAIR ORDER CYCLE TIMES
- Provide weekly and monthly performance reporting, on the movement of parts within the different gates, as well as ad hoc reports required to support the specifics of the contract obligations
- Ensure system accuracy within TRAX, for reporting purposes
RESPONSIBLE FOR MAINTAINING VENDOR MASTER DATA
- Ensure accurate information on our Vendor base, which consists in over 150 Vendors, with multiple locations
- Ensure our Vendors supports our compliance requirements at all times
- Launch cost reduction activities and liaise closely with other managers and stakeholders.
- Participate in identification of new business process/innovation opportunities and transition activities.
- Participate in Defining and documenting processes, including process maps, maintain control manual to reflect most current processes.
- Conduct process audits and review activities after implementation to verify acceptance and effectiveness, lead corrective actions.
- Provide technical support in his/her field of expertise.
- Attend daily production/operations conference calls and provide status of Component availability/recovery plans as required.
- Define components maintenance priority & criticality and perform follow-up with vendors.
- Bachelor or College degree in Business, Engineering, or other technical discipline or equivalent
- 3-5 years relative experience as a manager and/or as an engineer in a technical environment
- knowledge of Mechanical equipment or manufacturing technologies is an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of computer software (Excel, Word, Microsoft Project,) and MRP / ERP systems
- Demonstrated ability to foster relationships and ability to lead and influence with or without formal authority
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and communication skills, including negotiation.
- Strong project management expertise.
- Strong analytical, planning and organizational skills.
- Familiarity with the contents of standard aerospace contracts
- Familiar with Transport Canada Aviation regulations and norms.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
At Air Canada, we want to fly higher when it comes to employment equity. We, therefore, encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.
Job : Aircraft Maintenance
Primary Location : CA-QC-DORVAL-YUL
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting Start Date & Job Posting End Date: : Sep 22, 2015, 11:55:13 AM | Sep 29, 2015, 10:59:00 PM
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Dorval, QC, CA
Posted on: 2015-09-24