OverviewAir Canada Pension Specialist – Montreal Full Time in Dorval, QC
Branch Dorval QC CA
Pension Specialist – Montreal
Other employees worldwide participate in defined contributions or define benefit plans, government plans or other various pension arrangements….
Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Air Canada is a public traded company with more than 29,000 active employees worldwide and 28,000 retirees. Air Canada currently sponsors various defined benefit, hybrid and defined contribution pension plans for its employees in Canada. For employees in the UK and US, where most foreign employees are located, Air Canada also sponsors defined benefit and defined contributions plans. Other employees worldwide participate in defined contributions or define benefit plans, government plans or other various pension arrangements. The pension plan administration was outsourced in 2005 with a third party provider.
Air Canada is looking for a Pension Specialist to join its pension team in Dorval in a permanent position.
- Will be involved in the administration of all above-mentioned pension plans
- Day to day contact with service providers and AC payroll to resolve complex individual cases: membership, leaves, buy-backs, service, contributions, pay, Pas, PSPAs, etc.
- Review some data error reports transmitted by the administration outsourcing services provider (for DB plans)
- Review annual pension statements and pension adjustment factors prepared by the service provider
- Calculate past service pension adjustment factors for particular individual cases
- Manage contributions for employees on leave
- Determine pension benefits and prepare retirement/termination statement for foreign employees in the define benefit plans
- Prepare data reports for DC plans
- Prepare annual pension statements for foreign employees in the defined benefit plans
- For the UK DB plan, will provide the necessary information to produce the annual report (including membership reconciliation)
- Involved on special projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Science or related field
- One to four years of experience in pension plan administration
- Strong knowledge of MS-Office software
- Ability to analyse, well organized, meticulous, good communication skills, autonomous
- Highly motivated, dynamic, creative and able to deal with all levels of management and employees
Bilingual (English and French)
At Air Canada, we want to fly higher when it comes to employment equity. We, therefore, encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.
Job : Benefits
Primary Location : CA-QC-DORVAL-YUL
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting Start Date & Job Posting End Date: : Jul 30, 2015, 10:39:25 AM | Aug 13, 2015, 10:59:00 PM
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Dorval, QC, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-01