OverviewAir Canada Operational and Mobile IT Support Manager – Toronto Full Time in Toronto, ON
Branch Toronto ON CA
Operational and Mobile IT Support Manager – Toronto
Provide support and guidance on the development of scripts and technical testing/integration for all new systems and/or changes to existing systems….
Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
To provide overall system, application, communication and mobile technology support to the Operations Branch at Air Canada, including the associated flying partners as required. This will include 24 x 7 x 365 on site support, at the Air Canada Operations Centre, or other site as deemed necessary. Assist with the implementation of technologies and communication tools supporting the Airline’s operations. Provide technological support in order to maximize operational integrity, performance and safety. In addition, act as the single point of contact representing Air Canada Operations IT for Major Incidents involving Air Canada operations and/or operational systems.
- Responsible for the implementation and support of operational applications and systems within the Operations Division, including Air Canada provided mobile devices.
- Responsible for day to day management of technologies, communication tools and devices in support of Air Canada operations.
- Responsible for the change management process for Operations IT systems and the coordination required with all other appropriate departments and vendors, including the approval process.
- Responsible for the tracking, approval, coordination and communication are changes related to critical operational systems and applications.
- Responsible for the provisioning, tracking and allocation (as required by location, by department) of all code blue operational mobile devices;
- Assist in management of contracts/service level agreements with suppliers, partners & other third parties.
- Provide support and guidance on the development of scripts and technical testing/integration for all new systems and/or changes to existing systems.
- Create and maintain detailed documentation that enable users to access layer 5 (in-house) applications.
- Manage risks associated with all scheduled hardware/software implementations.
- Management and/or participation in the resolution of major incidents and/or system outages.
- Provide level 2 support and triage for all code blue operational mobile devices;
- Maintain SOC Work Area Recovery and IT Contingency programs.
- Work with Business SME’s on system stability issues and maintain availability within business requirements and SLA’s.
- Liaise with Corporate IT and other departments to support operational integrity targets.
- Coordinate stability initiatives and with Air Canada support vendors.
- Identify opportunities for improving critical operational system stability.
- Strong knowledge of Air Canada information technology platforms and applications.
- Strong knowledge of mobility strategies, tools, devices and functionality.
- IT related education and/or technological background (programming, infrastructure management, etc.) an asset.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to adjust to changing priorities that are driven by operational corporate requirements.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under extreme pressure and a sense of urgency.
- Highly flexible and adaptable to a continually changing environment.
- Strong ability to be self-starter, independent learner, and team player.
- Ability to lead under urgent and high pressure situations.
- Ability to work in a team environment towards a common goal/objective.
- Ability for shift work as required.
No. of People Managed: indirectly support and mentor business analysts and business SME’s
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
At Air Canada, we want to fly higher when it comes to employment equity. We, therefore, encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.
Job : Information Technology
Primary Location : CA-ON-TORONTO-YYZ
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting Start Date & Job Posting End Date: : May 16, 2016, 11:38:51 PM | May 31, 2016, 10:59:00 PM
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2016-05-19