OverviewAir Canada Customer Service Agent – CARGO – Permanent Full-Time – Toronto Full Time in Toronto, ON
Branch Toronto ON CA
Customer Service Agent – CARGO – Permanent Full-Time – Toronto
Possess a valid driver’s license. Customer service oriented, organized and excellent at managing time. Air Canada, recently ranked Best Airline in North America…
Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol. Across the country and across the world, the Air Canada family brings people together. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Air Canada, recently ranked Best Airline in North America, is currently looking for Customer Service Agents to join our ground handling team at the Toronto Airport.
We are looking for result oriented, reliable and highly adaptable individuals that enjoy tackling various tasks in a team setting environment. Whether handling baggage, performing cargo duties, operating complex loading equipment, the Customer Service Agent plays a key role in ensuring that the aircraft are ready for a secure and on-time departure.
This is a permanent full-time position. The starting salary is $26.87/hour as per the collective agreement.
- Perform shipment tracing and World Tracer transactions.
- Prepare records and documents using multiple Cargo systems.
- Perform data entry in multiple Cargo systems.
- Deal with customer complaints regarding lost, mishandled, delayed or damaged shipments.
- Perform lost and found functions and cargo services. Determine cargo rates and routings, shipping procedures, cargo check-in and delivery.
- Have excellent computer skills, knowledge of Microsoft products preferred.
- Have excellent communication skills, able to work with peers and customers by building solid relationships.
- Customer service oriented, organized and excellent at managing time.
- Available for shift work and irregular work hours – early mornings, evenings, weekends and statutory holidays.
- Canadian citizen or have landed immigrant status.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Available to travel and attend a 2-4 week initial full time mandatory training program off site.
- Pass security clearance and obtain the Transport Canada security card.
- Able to lift heavy objects unaided and repetitively weighing up to 70 pounds (32 kilograms).
- Willingness to work under various climatic conditions.
- Capacity to work within strict timelines in order to maintain on-time departures while ensuring safety at all times.
- Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates
At Air Canada, we want to fly higher when it comes to employment equity. We therefore encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability.
Air Canada thanks all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Job : Airport / Cargo Agent
Primary Location : CA-ON-TORONTO-YYZ
Schedule : Part-time
Job Posting Start Date & Job Posting End Date: : Jan 20, 2017, 7:01:53 AM | Feb 3, 2017, 11:59:00 PM
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-23