OverviewAir Canada Cargo Field Claims Representative – Montreal Full Time in Montréal, QC
Branch Montréal QC CA
Cargo Field Claims Representative – Montreal
Cargo Claims is a division of the Legal Department. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in the two official languages is an asset….
Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Cargo Claims is a division of the Legal Department. Reporting to the Manager Cargo Claims, the candidate will assist in the processing of claims related to cargo transportation under Air Canada airwaybills or on Air Canada’s network.
- Triage of all incoming correspondence for cargo claims.
- Enter new cargo claims and complaints into claims system.
- Acknowledge new claims.
- Initiate claims investigation and retrieval of documentation, liaising with various internal departments in order to assess company’s liability.
- Liaise with all levels of Air Canada personne l.
- Handle insurance claims, including investigation and settlement of these claims with the customer.
- Complete claim investigation and present findings to the team for final decision.
- Assist company counsel in preparation of case for trial .
- Represent the company in Small Claims Courts, if necessary.
- Handle all telephone calls with regard to customer claims / complaints, advise claims procedures.
- Keep track of cargo statistics on a monthly basis.
- Speak to training classes and / or cargo employees regarding claims and presentation thereof.
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Strong sense of ethics;
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in the two official languages is an asset ;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a busy environment;
- Proficiency with word and excel;
- Knowledge of Weblynk;
- Knowledge of ODISS;
- Knowledge of CRE system;
- Ability to analyze, assess and prioritize workload;
- Strong judgment and strong sense of initiative;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Bilingual (English and French)
At Air Canada, we want to fly higher when it comes to employment equity. We, therefore, encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.
Job : Legal
Primary Location : CA-QC-MONTREAL
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting Start Date & Job Posting End Date: : Dec 2, 2016, 10:48:32 AM | Dec 16, 2016, 11:59:00 PM
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Montreal, QC, CA
Posted on: 2016-12-07