OverviewAIMCo Canada Student, IT End User Technology Services Full Time in Edmonton, AB
Branch Edmonton AB CA
Student, IT End User Technology Services
IT asset tracking and inventory management. Installing, configuring and upgrading operating systems and software….
AIMCo’s Business Technology Infrastructure team is seeking a Summer Student to assist with projects designed to improve processes at AIMCo while challenging the student’s analytical, organizational and communication skills.
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Assisting with day-to-day operations within the End User Technology team which involves dealing with hands-on IT and Infrastructure problems
- Assisting with the 2016 Surplus project involving diagnosing and disposing of hardware according to required environmental standards
- Assisting with the App-V Upgrade Deployment Project
- Assisting with the Microsoft Office 2013/2016 Upgrade Project
- IT asset tracking and inventory management
- Installing, configuring and upgrading operating systems and software
- Working with other Business Technology groups during knowledge transfer sessions to help position Business Technology to more effectively deal with the requirements of the business
Our Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate must demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills, be able to work well in a team environment, and demonstrate high ethical standards which include AIMCo’s core values of integrity, humility, resourcefulness, collaboration, learning and excellence.
- Completion of at least one year of undergraduate studies in Information Technology, Science, Business or a related field
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Previous experience troubleshooting and conducting root-cause analysis of software and hardware issues would be an asset
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite of products including Word, Excel and Outlook
Note: Final candidates will be asked to undergo a security screening, which includes a credit bureau and a criminal record investigation, the results of which must be acceptable to AIMCO.
We thank all applicants in advance; however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
For more information and to apply visit the careers section of AIMCo’s website at www.aimco.alberta.ca
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Edmonton, AB, CA
Posted on: 2015-12-26