OverviewAIMCo Canada Analyst, Investment Performance & Analytics Full Time in Edmonton, AB
Branch Edmonton AB CA
Analyst, Investment Performance & Analytics
The Analyst will be responsible for managing aspects of investment performance and attribution reporting process….
The Analyst will be responsible for managing aspects of investment performance and attribution reporting process. This involves performance, attribution, ad-hoc analytics client requests, and discrepancy investigations.
- Responsible for understanding and maintaining our overnight process to ensure performance system(s) run smoothly each day.
- Producing, maintaining and analyzing daily, monthly and quarterly multi-client and multi-asset class performance and attribution of investment portfolios including client funds, asset pools, aggregates, composites and benchmarks.
- Maintaining current and creating new data integrity checks to ensure performance data is accurate.
- Understanding the role of each Investment Operations group to better provide excellent service to internal clients and to understand how their functions relate to the Performance team.
- Assisting Senior Analyst and Senior Manager in producing ad hoc performance and attribution results on Total AIMCo and various asset classes to the Investment Management, Executive and other divisions of AIMCo to facilitate decision making, reporting, compensation and analytics.
- Assisting in producing quarterly and yearly reports including (but not limited to) CIO report, CFO’s office audit requirements, Deliotte Performance audit, AIMCo Annual Reports.
- Assisting in internal and external audits by generating various supporting reports as requested.
- Continually upgrading knowledge of performance methodologies and systems to improve productivity, increase the value of performance results.
Our Ideal Candidate
- University degree in a quantitative field such as Finance, Mathematics or Computer Science is preferred.
- 3 years of related experience in either the pension, investment management or investment performance measurement industry is preferred.
- Knowledge of SS&C Sylvan, Opturo VIA, Simcorp Dimensions or Bloomberg would be an asset
- Intermediate experience with SQL querying and relational database architecture is strongly desirable.
- Working knowledge and experience in investment performance measurement, performance attribution methodologies, and global investment performance standards (GIPS) is strongly desirable.
- Good understanding of financial markets, including experience with complex investment instruments is strongly desirable.
- Experience in Investment Valuations, Fund Accounting or Trade Support would be an asset.
- Intermediate or advanced skills with Microsoft Office are required.
- Completion or working towards completion of CIPM and/or CFA would be an asset.
- Proficient in quantitative analysis and in reviewing extensive amounts of data and information is required.
- Demonstrated strong analytical, critical thinking, problem-solving, and facilitation skills as well as the ability to establish effective working relationships.
- Good oral and written communication skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic team environment are essential.
NOTE: Candidates will be asked to undergo a security screening, which includes a credit bureau and a criminal record investigation, the results of which must be acceptable to AIMCo.
Follow AIMCo on LinkedIn
We thank all applicants in advance; however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
For more information and to apply, visit the careers section of AIMCo’s website at www.aimco.alberta.ca
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Edmonton, AB, CA
Posted on: 2017-08-05