OverviewAgilent Genomics Product Specialist Full Time in British Columbia
Branch BC CA
Genomics Product Specialist
Join the fast-paced, high energy Genomics team in Agilent’s Life Sciences Group. Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life….
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek –– so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
Join the fast-paced, high energy Genomics team in Agilent’s Life Sciences Group. The market for Agilent’s Genomics products continues to enjoy significant growth through the invention, development and launch of high value products associated with technology platforms such as microarrays, Next Generation Sequencing (with Agilent’s SureSelect Target Enrichment System), Quantitative PCR, PCR and molecular biology reagents.
In a direct sales role as a Genomics Product Specialist you will be responsible for driving sales of Agilent Technologies’ line NGS, custom microarray and bioinformatics products, including SureSelect and GeneSpring, within the territory. As an integral member of the field sales team you will use your excellent technical sales track record to focus on acquiring new customers while retaining and growing the existing installed base of customers. As a Genomics Product Specialist you will be expected to develop and implement successful strategies and tactics to sell complex Genomic solutions to high level contacts within this highly competitive marketplace.
– Driving sales of high performance Genomic products and services in a defined territory.
– Effectively prospect to find and close new opportunities in existing and new accounts.
– Develop and maintain strategic buying relationships with customers.
– Conduct presentations and product usage demos with and without Field Application Engineer assistance.
– Focus on strategic products applications (including targeted sequencing and custom expression) and solutions in strategic accounts
– Contribute to developing effective strategies and tactics that will enable Agilent to gain market share in the Western region.
– Provide constructive feedback from customers into Agilent to help guide continual development of products that more effectively address customer needs.
– Participate and be an active member in regional discussion groups and forums.
– Understand Genomics in the Non-for-Profit and Pharmaceutical industry and recognize trends that impact buying of Agilent products
– Represent Agilent to the customer AND the customer to the company.
– BS/MS in a Life Sciences discipline or Chemistry, or other related field.
– 3+ years related direct life science product sales experience with a demonstrated track record of successfully selling against a quota.
– Solid self-management, organizational and prioritization skills- Experience with NGS workflows and DNA microarrays strongly desired.
– Ability to work within a team selling environment.
– Ability to interface at all levels within an organization for both internal/external customers.
– Demonstrated commercial selling skills. Strong business development and sales closing skills.
– Effective interpersonal communication and telephone sales skills.
– Must be able to travel up to 50% of the time.
Agilent Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We value diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, religion or religious creed, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, local law, ordinance, or regulation and will not be discriminated against on these bases.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster available here:
Agilent Technologies, Inc., is committed to diversity in the workplace and strives to support candidates with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance with any part of the application or interview process or have questions about workplace accessibility, please contact +1-262-754-5030 (US and Canada only) or email [email protected] EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: , BC, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-12