OverviewAgeCare Casual Building Service Worker Part Time in Calgary, AB
Branch Calgary AB CA
Casual Building Service Worker
Must be fluent in English, both orally and in writing. The Building Service Worker is primarily responsible for assigned heavy cleaning duties in accordance…
The Building Service Worker is primarily responsible for assigned heavy cleaning duties in accordance with established work schedules, policies and procedures.
Wages : Starting at $13.26 per hour
- Completes ad-hoc and routine heavy cleaning duties in public areas as assigned including, but not limited to duties involving extracting, floor stripping / polishing, disinfecting, dusting, vacuuming and mopping
- Operates housekeeping equipment and implements as required.
- Maintains equipment by following proper operating instructions, proper cleaning instructions and storing properly.
- Maintains appropriate inventory of resident supplies, public area supplies and replenishment of position specific supplies.
- Other duties as requested by the supervisor.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Minimum 2-3 years relevant experience in a janitorial role within medium or large healthcare organization is considered an asset.
- Experience with industrial vacuum, scrubber, floor polisher, etc.
- Ability to lift heavy equipment & machines – 40 lbs+.
- Knowledge and demonstrated understanding of WHIMIS, OH&S and Infection Control
- Must be fluent in English, both orally and in writing
- Must be able to follow direction but work independently
- Must have a positive attitude, be empathetic and motivated
- Must be flexible and adapt easily to changes in schedule, work assignments and environment
We want to hear from you if you are a talented and motivated individual and embrace our guiding principles of:
- Trust : We act with integrity and fairness
- Respect : We treat everyone with dignity and kindness
- Quality : We relentlessly pursue excellence in care and service
- Teamwork : We uplift each other with positive energy and support
Does this sound like you? Apply to this opportunity using the form below explaining how you would be perfect for this job with a cover letter, resume, and salary expectations.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-11