OverviewAFL Telecommunications LLC Project Manager, Connections Full Time in Surrey, BC
AFL Telecommunications LLC
Branch Surrey BC CA
Project Manager, Connections
Develop a standard set of reports for distribution to various levels of management and customers. AFL believes our employees are our greatest assets;…
AFL believes our employees are our greatest assets; we invest in our associates and empower them to truly make a difference. We provide value to our customers in everything we do. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager. We are looking for driven people to join our team, join us and build your career at AFL today. Overview: The project manager on the Premise Services team will be focused on connections in an FTTX environment. With a large volume of installations in a geographically diverse range, this individual will plan, organize, forecast and adjust resources to provide maximum efficiency and effective to the program, delivering in line with our objectives.
• Assesses day to day Resource Planning and Scheduling aspects of the Program Management Office.
• Collaborates with internal stakeholders to define and manage project scopes, goals and deliverables that support program goals, potential issues, and devises contingency plans as required.
•Oversees the tracking and project documentation for Premise Services projects for accuracy and timely reporting. Develop a standard set of reports for distribution to various levels of management and customers.
• Assist in the development and reporting of Key Performance Indicators for department and compiles results for periodic reporting (weekly/monthly).
• Compiles benchmark and trend data to provide ongoing efficiency analysis.
• Plan, schedule and track project timelines and milestones using the appropriate tools. Collaborates with other departments as required to execute on timelines to meet the goals of management and contractual compliance.
• Identifies opportunities for business operational improvement and effectively applies project management standards to internal requirements.
• Create process flow documentation, functional requirements documentation and project deliverables.
• Assist with the implementation of new processes to support business needs.
• Other duties as assigned.
AFL supports the objectives of affirmative action and a work environment without discrimination.
The Company calls upon and expects every individual with the Company to accept a personal responsibility for continuing the successful policy.
• PMP certification; Bachelor’s degree required.
• Experience with MS Project, as well as the standard MS office suite.
• Strong experience with Powerpoint.
• Experience with telecom or construction desired.
• Experience with communicating with staff at all levels of the organization.
• Demonstrated experience with participating in cross-functional teams.
• Experience maintaining effective and respected work relations.
• Strong planning and organizational skills to manage competing demands/priorities, with an emphasis on attention to details.
• Superb customer service skills.
• Analytical background with an ability to review findings and make recommendations to management.
• Understanding of business needs and the ability to relate past experience to current situation. Physical and Environmental
• Must be able to work alone with little or no direction.
• May need to sit at a desk/office at prolonged periods of time.
• Use of standard office equipment.
• Ability to work in a time sensitive, ever-changing, and high tempo environment. Specifications:
• Must be legally authorized to work in Canada
• Must have access to transportation for the hours of business operations
AFL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not deny employment, benefits, or compensation to any individual on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected status or characteristic. The same applies to hiring and employing persons with disabilities, unless a disability prevents a person from performing the essential functions of a job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Surrey, BC, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-24