OverviewAFL Telecommunications LLC Fiber and Copper Installation and Repair Technician Full Time in Calgary, AB
AFL Telecommunications LLC
Branch Calgary AB CA
Fiber and Copper Installation and Repair Technician
Diploma in telecommunications and/or equivalent experience. AFL is looking for motivated, self-starters to install, maintain and test fiber optic…
AFL is looking for motivated, self-starters to install, maintain and test fiber optic telecommunication cables across established and new networks. Ensuring that all work is completed in a safe environment within a timely and professional manner, and adhering to the highest standards of quality and customer satisfaction requirements set out by our clients.
Training Start Date: July 13, 2015
- Provisioning and maintaining outside plant facilities including aerial and underground buried copper and Fiber services.
- Installing, diagnosing and maintaining telecommunications services including associated components such as Voice (POTS / VOIP), High Speed Internet Access (HSIA) and IPTV.
- Involves customer contact including progress reports, discussing issues coming up with creative solutions to overcome obstacles and applicable charges.
- Performing wiring, high quality installation, troubleshooting and repair support for Residential and Business services including, Voice, HSIA, and IPTV.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Diploma in telecommunications and/or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years in a customer service or general labour position, in a customer-centric organization.
- Experience with time management, and ability to manage multiple priorities with competing deadlines.
- Basic Computer skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively or independently.
- Experience trouble shooting and problem resolution.
- Strong communication capabilities.
- Exhibit a strong desire and ability to learn new technology.
- Experience in diagnosing equipment faults and repair an asset.
- First Aid Certification.
- Knowledge and experience with outside plant work an asset.
Physical and Environmental Requirements:
- Must be able to work alone with little or no direction.
- Will need to work outdoors in all weather conditions, at times in confined spaces.
- Heavy lifting (30 kgs+), carrying of loads up and down stairs/ladders, walking and/or standing for prolonged periods.
- Working with heights, climbing of stairs, ladders, and/or scaffolds.
- Ability to distinguish between colors, use small hand tools.
- Reaching and/or grasping, stooping, kneeling, bending, crawling, and crouching.
- Exposure to noisy or dusty conditions, mechanical, electrical, and/or other hazards.
- Finger and wrist dexterity.
- Willingness to travel across the province
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada
- Must have a valid driver’s license, with a clear abstract to operate our company vehicles.
- Schedule (8am-11pm / Weekends/Rotating shifts/Statutory Holidays/Evenings- OT as required)
AFL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not deny employment, benefits, or compensation to any individual on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected status or characteristic. The same applies to hiring and employing persons with disabilities, unless a disability prevents a person from performing the essential functions of a job with or without reasonable accommodation.
AFL supports the objectives of affirmative action and a work environment without discrimination. The Company calls upon and expects every individual with the Company to accept a personal responsibility for continuing the successful policy.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Posted on: 2015-05-23