OverviewAFL Field Service Technician Full Time in Surrey, BC
Branch Surrey BC CA
Field Service Technician
As a Field Service Technician with AFL you will be part of a field crew that delivers installation of TV, Internet and Phone services….
About AFL: AFL is an international organization that believes our employees are our greatest assets; we invest in our associates and empower them to truly make a difference. We provide value to our customers in everything we do.
About You: As a Field Service Technician with AFL you will be part of a field crew that delivers installation of TV, Internet and Phone services.
Do you consider yourself technically savvy? Do you like working with people? Do you get satisfaction out of exceeding customer expectations? If the answer is yes, we want to speak to you!
AFL offers paid training that will give you the tools to be successful and build your career with AFL! To be part of the AFL In family means more than just a job, it means being part of a growing, leading edge organization that is committed to always being first at everything we do. Be a champion with us today.
Our Service Technicians will be responsible for the successful in-home installation and repair of a fiber-optic telecommunication on behalf of our Client. You will also be responsible for;
- Going to customers’ homes to install their internet, phone and cable services over copper/fiber services.
- Interacting with home owners with the highest quality of customer service and ensure that every customer is satisfied.
- Provisioning and maintaining outside plant facilities, including aerial and underground buried copper and fiber services.
- Guaranteeing exceptional end-to-end customer experiences
- Paid training
- Delivering outstanding customer experiences every day!
- Flexible schedule.
- Company vehicles provided.
- Comprehensive benefits package to all full time permanent employees.
- Opportunity to travel.
- Be part of an international organization with endless opportunity for growth.
- Must be customer focused and able to handle a variety of customer interactions.
- Must be technically inclined and a desire to learn.
- Will be required to work outdoors in all weather conditions and inside customers’ homes.
- Must have a positive attitude when working with others and the drive and independence to work alone.
- Must be professional and presentable.
- Must be able to solve problems in the field and work efficiently without compromising quality. The quality of our work is critical to our success as a team!
- Will need to work outdoors in all weather conditions, at times in confined spaces.
- Heavy lifting (30 kgs+), carrying of loads up and down stairs/ladders, walking and/or standing for prolonged periods.
- Working with heights, climbing of stairs, ladders, and/or scaffolds.
- Ability to distinguish between colors, use small hand tools.
- Reaching and/or grasping, stooping, kneeling, bending, crawling, and crouching.
- Exposure to noisy or dusty conditions, mechanicial, electrical, and/or other hazards.
- Finger and wrist dexterity.
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada.
- Must have strong communication skills, both verbal and written English.
- Must have a valid driver’s license. Driving record will be examined and must meet our Motor Vehicle Policy.
- All employees will be subject to successfully completing a criminal background check.
- Schedule may include: Weekends/Rotating shifts/Statutory Holidays/Evenings.
AFL is a leading edge telecommunications service provider that designs, builds and maintains fibre optic networks, globally. Be part of our team today and learn what it means to be part of our global family!
AFL is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace, one where you have the tools and support to achieve your full potential. We welcome applications from all designated equity groups regardless of race, gender, disability or any other legally protected status. At AFL, we live by our core values: customers first, innovation, community engagement, integrity, collaboration and accountability, and environment, health and safety. These values drive our actions each and every day.
We value your interest in this position, however, due to large volumes of applicants, only those selected for further review will be contacted.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Surrey, BC, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-11