OverviewAecon Group Quality Assurance Inspector Contract in Merritt, BC
Branch Merritt BC CA
Quality Assurance Inspector
Review of NDE reports and RT film integrity (interpretation not required). The Quality Assurance Inspector is responsible for surveillance and additional…
The Quality Assurance Inspector is responsible for surveillance and additional verifications required to ensure complete compliance with Client and Code requirements at offsite locations. This position is located in Delta BC.
- Visual verification of final assemblies including welds, materials, flange faces etc.
- Dimensional verifications (when applicable).
- Verification of material condition, grade, and specification to ensure compliance with drawings and/or other specific requirements.
- Review of NDE reports and RT film integrity (interpretation not required).
- Review of technical documentation including pressure test records, PWHT records, paint/coating reports, torquing/tensioning etc.
- Review of welder qualifications.
- Witnessing of Pressure Tests
- Visual verification of painted/coated assemblies prior to final shipment
- Ensure that all relevant information has been captured including welding procedure used, welder ID, any variations from the original design etc.
- On-going surveillance activities.
Required Knowledge & Skills
- CSA 178.2 level I or II with B31.3 endorsement or equivalent (W47.1/W59/Sect. VIII/Sect.IX an asset)
- Experience in reviewing isometric drawings.
- Experience inspecting coatings and reviewing associated reports (NACE cert. and asset)
- Knowledge of various codes of construction (B31.3, CSA B51, CSA Z662.)
- Current proof of vision requirements.
- Demonstrated computer software proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite;
- Excellent and proven organizational skill in order to meet multiple deadlines and handle multiple tasks within a high-pressure work environment.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong customer service focus
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Merritt, BC, CA
Posted on: 2016-10-30