OverviewAecon Group Inc. Document Controller (Contract) Contract in Bowmanville, ON
Aecon Group Inc.
Branch Bowmanville ON CA
Document Controller (Contract)
Aecon Energy offers a suite of unparalleled services to some of Canada’s largest energy suppliers, providing best-in-class solutions to the oil and gas, nuclear…
ORGANIZATIONAL OVERVIEW: Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private and public sector clients throughout Canada and on a selected basis internationally. Aecon is pleased to be recognized as one of the Best Employers in Canada.
Aecon Energy offers a suite of unparalleled services to some of Canada’s largest energy suppliers, providing best-in-class solutions to the oil and gas, nuclear, co-generation, and renewable sectors.
BUSINESS UNIT OVERVIEW:
The joint venture between SNC-Lavalin and Aecon has been awarded a contract with Ontario Power Generation (OPG) to carry out the Darlington Turbine Generator refurbishment (TGR) project. The project involves refurbishment of all four units at the Darlington Generating Station and consists of two phases – a Definition Phase and an Execution Phase. The Definition Phase includes the planning, procurement and preparation of all construction work packages required to execution phaseThe Execution Phase involves inspection, maintenance and refurbishment of the turbine generators and auxiliary systems using the tools and methods that were developed and tested during the definition Phase.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: *
- Setting up and maintaining project documentation within project filing requirements; *
- Checking the quality of drawings and documents to be catalogued; *
- Receiving, tracking and monitoring drawings and documentation; *
- Interfacing with the project team to coordinate the control of documentation; *
- Generating transmittals to send documentation to external parties through electronic or hard copy means. *
- Checking the accuracy of transmittals; *
- Expediting the review of internal and external documentation within engineering departments
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS: *
- Five years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and related experience; *
- Basic knowledge of engineering terminology; *
- Considerable experience working with and understanding drawings and documentation; *
- Proficient in using Electronic Document Management Systems. *
- Knowledge of VenDM – OPG document control system
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS *
- Due to the nature of work conducted by Aecon, mandated nuclear export controls requirements must be met for employment
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Bowmanville, ON, CA
Posted on: 2016-09-08