OverviewAECOM Senior Estimator Full Time in White City, SK
Branch White City SK CA
White City, SK
Interface and provide on-going technical support to construction. Estimate construction materials, technical spec., work-hours, cost and any other job…
AECOM is seeking a Senior Estimator to be based in our White City, Saskatchewan location.
This position will actively participate in the collective preparation of comprehensive, accurate, and consistent industrial cost estimates/proposals for projects worth $0.1M-$100M. Interprets construction bid documents and technical drawings to identify engineering specifications, evaluate and estimate materials, manpower, schedule and budget. Utilizes formal training and experience to provide technical expertise adhering to a clearly defined estimating process and ensures compliance to company Infrastructure’s pre-determined process/procedures.
Responsibilities may include:
- Functional Responsibilities:
- Utilize the estimate bases and estimating methodologies to establish change management estimate / proposal strategies.
- Evaluate, assess, and address situational factors such as complexities, site conditions, weather, etc.
- Identify potential risks, opportunities, and alternative solutions.
- Perform material take-offs and systematically estimate costs involving: Fabrication, Modularization and Field Construction.
- Estimate construction materials, technical spec., work-hours, cost and any other job requirements for project.
- Obtain, review and maintain documentation of third party pricing.
- Populate the necessary estimates / proposal documents such as clarifications lists, tender forms, work break down structures, rates schedules, etc.
- Conduct / participate in change identification, review meetings, make site visits as required.
- Interface with the Foremen, Superintendents, Construction Manager to get their buy-in into the estimate.
- Participate in presentation of estimates / proposals to corporate management.
- Update and maintain the Change Log
- Effectively analyze construction benchmarks and historical costs and maintain estimating historical benchmarking data base.
- Strive for continual process improvement and or efficiencies.
- Setup job and specs as well as enter take-offs into Estimating Software.
- Export files from Estimating Software (Cleopatra, Hard Dollar) by project as well as each discipline by construction work package into Cost Manager (Prism).
- Team Work:
- Provide mentorship and guidance to Junior / Intermediate Estimators within the team.
- Assist in administering project estimating functions such work assignments, sequencing of priorities, etc. as required by the Estimating Team Lead.
- Attend and participate in team as well as functional meetings; provide insight with regards to current / outstanding issues and weekly progress.
- Attend and participate in site-visits, pre-bid meeting and post-bid meeting as required.
- Designate for the Project Controls Lead as required.
- Interface and provide on-going technical support to construction
- Communicate estimate details effectively to internal as well as external clients.
- Collaborate with other functions, engineering firms, and vendors to enhance project success; as required by the Project Controls Lead.
- Promote the Company culture both internally and externally.
- Document Administration:
- Ensure all documentation is relevant and available to support the development of estimates / proposals.
- Collectively maintain the estimate / proposal files as back-up for the estimate / proposal including acute information on qualifications, labour rates, construction equipment rates, material pricing from suppliers, subcontract pricing from third parties vendors, benchmarks of historical productivity figures, etc.
- Track and record and post awards and rejections for continuous improvement and history tracking.
- Post, review and print off any required information from FDMS which pertains to current tasks, responsibilities and projects.
- Complete and submit monthly documents to the appropriate departments. (e.g. Change Log, Estimate Status etc.)
- Minimum of College Diploma/ Certificate required.
- Certified Engineering Technician (CET) or Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) or BA or MBA in Accounting or Association for the Advancement of Cost Engineering (AACE) or Association of Science and Engineering Professionals of Alberta (ASET).
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience required.
- Expert computer skills: Microsoft Word.
- Intermediate computer skills: Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), JD Edwards, Prism.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It’s a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world’s most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It’s a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It’s what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: White City, SK, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-23